Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Differential Lock Upgrade in (California 180 4Motion)

Cali-61-180-SE

Cali-61-180-SE

Hi Guys, I need one advice if someone knows the answer of my query.
I want to VW showroom for factory order California se 180 4Motion with Differential Lock. But it will take 16-20 weeks (4 Months) to deliver. The VW dealer gave me other one option he has another California in stock which doesn't come with Differential Lock but it’s a 4Motion version. This one ticks my all option apart from Differential Lock.
I have a question, Can we upgrade Differential Lock later-on or not? Is that easy to upgrade and how much the cost will be?
Any idea? Please give me right information so i can go for it. its available quickly so i am interested to buy. If its not possible then no potion to wait 4 Months 

Thanks
JK

I think it's in your dealers interests to wrk that all out for you and to get you a price they will commit to to guarantee the sale.

Basically this is your negotiation, and you want the diff lock, so if they want the sale they will work hard to get you the diff lock and fit it for you... Won't they?

I wouldn't do it as a separate transaction.. Make sure it's part of the sale price, and that they commit to getting it and fitting it for you.

Thanks for quick response. but dealer says because vehicle already built so, he is not sure about upgrade the Differential Lock at this point. he is trying to find out what option he has. i am just waiting for answer. if its comes as "yes" then i am thinking to buy otherwise Factory order.

Thanks
JK

While we've been a long way off the beaten track in ours as well as a few very muddy situations, I've not yet needed our diff lock - but it's nice to know it's there!

KernowLad said:
While we've been a long way off the beaten track in ours as well as a few very muddy situations, I've not yet needed our diff lock - but it's nice to know it's there!
And within 24hrs of picking my van up, I totally depended on diff lock to get us out of massive snow drifts that covered roads here in the Peak District.
Drifts that I don't think my old Subaru outback would have coped as well getting us across to Buxton for a very important hair appointment.
But I've not had to use it since

I wouldn't have thought that it is possible to retrofit the diff lock to be honest. Be good to see how you get on though.

cheers

jeetu2k said:
...he is not sure about upgrade the Differential Lock at this point.
To me, this rings a tiny alarm bell.

Back