Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Digital Owner's Manual and VIN specifics of vehicle

Loopster D.

Loopster D.

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Hello VW family,

I am an American living in Spain. I have happily driving my T6 California for 4 months now. This is my main vehicle for the past 30 years with 4 different vans.

1. I have an owners manual in Spanish and want one in English. I ordered one with the vehicle but it did not show up. I prefer a digital version to keep on my iPhone. VW has a cool app for all the cars to have this information on an iPad (not iPhone) app but is there something similar for the California?

2. My Cali was on the cusp of 2016-17 and I am not sure exactly what "year" it was made. I look in the door stickers and on the paperwork but there are numerous dates and I do not know the official one. Plus the details are in Spanish (of course not the year). Is there a place on the web I can plug in my VIN number and find the specifications such as year in English?

Thanks in advance, I have searched many websites and not in my mother tongue and not sure if I am trying to fit American logic into the Spanish traditional ways.

Braddon

Hello VW family,

I am an American living in Spain. I have happily driving my T6 California for 4 months now. This is my main vehicle for the past 30 years with 4 different vans.

1. I have an owners manual in Spanish and want one in English. I ordered one with the vehicle but it did not show up. I prefer a digital version to keep on my iPhone. VW has a cool app for all the cars to have this information on an iPad (not iPhone) app but is there something similar for the California?

2. My Cali was on the cusp of 2016-17 and I am not sure exactly what "year" it was made. I look in the door stickers and on the paperwork but there are numerous dates and I do not know the official one. Plus the details are in Spanish (of course not the year). Is there a place on the web I can plug in my VIN number and find the specifications such as year in English?

Thanks in advance, I have searched many websites and not in my mother tongue and not sure if I am trying to fit American logic into the Spanish traditional ways.

Braddon
I'm afraid not.
VW seem to assume that "Van" owners aren't interested in such things and as the California is deemed a "Commercial" by the idiots in the Marketing Departmentat VW have not provided those facilities for "Van" owners.

Hello VW family,

Braddon

There is a PDF in the downloads section of this site - available to VIP members. Easily worth the subscription cost for that document alone.

I'm afraid not.
VW seem to assume that "Van" owners aren't interested in such things and as the California is deemed a "Commercial" by the idiots in the Marketing Departmentat VW have not provided those facilities for "Van" owners.
You don't suppose they're worried about offering up help to converters?

Mike

You don't suppose they're worried about offering up help to converters?

Mike
They sell base vans to converters but not the higher spec ones.
I just wish they would treat California owners with less contempt.:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

Back