Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dimensions of boot area?

P

Paul S

VIP Member
Can't believe I am having to ask this :headwall seeing as I hired a Cali SE to check stuff like this. My excuse is I was so knocked out by it I forget to measure one thing, the width of the boot at floor level. We would generally run without the rear shelf/mattress support frame so height is not an issue but I need to know the minimum width of the boot at its narrowest point. Also the minimum length from closed tailgate to bottom of the seat ie when the seat is as far back to the rear of the van as it wil go. This is for a full fat van by the way, not a Beach. Thanks to anyone that can oblige.

No probs. mine is 40 inches wide and 32 inches deep ie from the back of the seat to where the
Tailgate closes :thumb :thumb

Thanks Kev, that's good, it means our existing dog crate will fit in, we'll just need to have the seat 4 inches or so forward as its a 36 x 36 inch box with slanted front and rear sides to accommodate a normal car seat and tailgate. It was quite expensive so I didn't really want to have to get another one although it's small change compared to £45k for the 'van.

Hello All!

I'm writing from Canada and hope to come an hire a California to do a trip this autumn. Before I make decisions, I need some more details. :help

I'm wondering if a large sized mountain bike, with the wheels off, could fit in the boot space. I've been looking for the dimensions for that space in the brochures and the California supplement, but it's nowhere to be found!

Could you please describe the boot? Is it just 40" wide by 32" deep? How tall is it (with shelf horizontal and with the shelf locked at an angle)? Can the bench be moved back and forward and locked in place so as to vary the depth?

Also, could you please tell me how big the inside of the drawer is under the bench?

Thank you very much!
Andre.

Back