Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Direction Indictor Warning Buzzer

N

Nigel Whitwood

Guest User
Can someone advise on the simplest way to wire in a warning buzzer for direction indicators. The one I have has three wires, one earth and one to be connected to each of the indicator light feeds. Connecting at the lights isn't really practical given the distances involved so I'd like advice on how to connect to the wiring either behind the dash, the steering column or fuse box together with guidance as to how to get to said wiring.

California Ocean T6.

Cheers

Nigel

I’m not sure I understand the question? There is a noise when indicator is on. Are you wanting to amplify that? Or have a warning buzzer if it stays on too long? Or something else?

When indicator is on, (with ignition on), the only sound I have is that of the flasher unit which I sometimes don't notice. Very occasionally, (and it is very occasionally), I have not noticed that the indicator had not cancelled which is something I hate when other drivers do it. The buzzer is just a louder, more obvious warning that the indicator is still going.

Some cars already have something similar fitted and I believe I read somewhere that some models of the California do, (but sadly for me, not mine).

i think the modern way to do this would be a mcu with CAN connectivity. Don't see any specifics in the resources though. It might be better directed at the general T6 forum?

Back