Disappearing posts

ExploreCampers

ExploreCampers

Explore Campervans - Luxury Campervan Rental
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I've had this a few times.

Type out a post as a reply in a thread, send it and all seems fine.

But it just seems to disappear, any ideas?

Rilla said:
I've had this a few times. Type out a post as a reply in a thread, send it and all seems fine. But it just seems to disappear, any ideas?

Sorry to hear that, Rilla :-(

Could you let us know whether you're using the direct web version of the forum ... or, if you're using the Tapatalk app on a mobile device, which version you're using (just v1 or the new v2 would be helpful, or the complete version number via the About button in the Settings page if that's possible) and which device (iPhone, Android, Blackberry etc).

That might help us to work out what's going wrong,or at least become more aware of it.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve

I only tend to post directly on the website using internet explorer. In the past I have had to type the response again and re-post, but the first one has never appeared. Very odd.

Rilla said:
Hi Steve

I only tend to post directly on the website using internet explorer. In the past I have had to type the response again and re-post, but the first one has never appeared. Very odd.

Hi Steve

I have also had the same problem as Rilla with disappearing posts. I have typed the post and hit Submit but then the post just disappears :crazy

Duckling68 said:
I have also had the same problem as Rilla with disappearing posts. I have typed the post and hit Submit but then the post just disappears :crazy

Hmmm. Thanks, Duckling. Are you using IE9 too … or a different browser, or Tapatalk?

Thanks,
Steve

coordinated said:
Duckling68 said:

Hmmm. Thanks, Duckling. Are you using IE9 too … or a different browser, or Tapatalk?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve

Yes using IE9 and has happened twice now.

Thanks
Mark.

Yep, it is definitely happening.

I have (several times) put posts and updates about THIS year's BUSFEST on the Events section & they initially post up fine, but then dissapear when you next go back to the forum. Most frustrating & must be happening to other posts as well, as very little new info is appearing on that section.

Thought I must have upset someone or putting up something that was causing problem (no probs with any other forums). :?

If you do want info on Busfest Please check out our Website :thumb

I am not going to spend any more time putting posts up on this site until you manage to find & sort out this glitch

:cool:

symcro said:
Yep, it is definitely happening.

I have (several times) put posts and updates about THIS year's BUSFEST on the Events section & they initially post up fine, but then dissapear when you next go back to the forum.

Thought I must have upset someone or putting up something that was causing problem (no probs with any other forums). :?

If you do want info on Busfest Please check out our Website :thumb

I am not going to spend any more time putting posts up on this site until you manage to find & sort out this glitch

Sorry to hear that – and please don't think it's anything personal (we only ever delete offensive/spammy posts and would generally let you know why).

Please do let us know when problems happen, and we'll do our best to fix them (or let you know when we can't).

How did you post: using the web client, using IE9 (say)?

We will definitely look into this, but I can't promise it'll be in the next week or two – I'm having a computer-free fortnight in our Cali :)

Best wishes,
Steve

Steve,

I am using a Chromium Web Browser on a Linux/Ubuntu based system which can/does work OK on nearly all other systems. I am not aware of having any problems on any other site.

When I am putting out BUSFEST general info/updates for shows as they are usually quite involved, I generally post on one forum first & then copy/amend to suit, put smileys in etc & then post to suit on another forum etc.
I have done this several times on this site & they go on OK & then disappear on/by the next visit. There is also no record of it ever having been made either. I suspect it is something to do with the copy paste bit that it does not like as this (and previous) pure text posts have been OK so virgin text appears to be OK.

Hope this helps sort it out.

Regards & hope your Cali heater keeps working (mine is on nearly all day at the moment)

Simon

Steve,

I have just noticed that the website url I put on previouus post is not showing so it could be that anything with links in it is getting blocked or rejected.

Simon