Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Disconnecting Leisure Batteries

J

ja197

VIP Member
Hi, I've got to leave my Cali parked for a couple of months whilst out of the country & can't leave it plugged in... Is there an easy to access way of disconnecting the leisure batteries so they don't drain too far (without removing batteries/seat to get at the connections)?
Thanks in advance.
James

I would not bother disconnecting batteries for that length of time, just swatch control pannel off & they ought to be ok.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

I agree - I can't see it losing that much charge over 2 months.

Even if you were to go for longer, it's a deep cycle battery so couldn't you just let it run down a bit and recharge on your return?

We left our van standing for 2 months earlier this year- no problems. It is only a year old though - might not be so good on an older vehicle? No idea.

No point in disconnecting leisure batteries. After switching off the control panel there is nothing to drain the batteries anyway. To disconnect the one under the seat it is necessary to remove the seat, too much hassle for nothing.

So after a mains charge and with control panel off the control panel said 60% after 6 weeks doing nothing. Seems ok as it normally drops off to 90% immediately anyway. Started first time as should be expected :D
Cheers

Good to hear that, thanks for letting know.
Cheers
Andrzej