DIY drawer divider

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
To try and get some order in that big drawer I rustled this up with a pice of delivery plastic that something came in. Shaped it to fit and also stuck it down with 3m tape. Then I used some brandrup cardboard anti rattle in the bottom. What does your drawer look like. Go on... Show us your drawers

IMG_20190426_120921.jpg

Not got a pic of my drawers to hand......but i use 2 Ikea Skubb organizers. The fit the drawer perfectly.

skubb-box-with-compartments-dark-grey__0573438_pe667776_s4.jpg

Hi @flying banana - very nice.

On similar vein anyone got any ideas on how to better organise the storage box on the 2-seat Beach?

Yes, 2 fit exactly in the ocean drawer.

I originally found the idea from another post but can’t find it now.

I’ll nip out and take a pic later.

Great idea - that’s my next purchase at IKEA

Ikea Skubb boxes (2 small boxes out of the set are in the top left kitchen cupboard to the right of a medium size Ikea variera box).
  • Left side - mini dustpan & brush, Ortlieb 20l folding washing bowl/bag (just ordered the shorter 10l too), mesh bag (for washing clothes normally) used for hanging up & letting dishes/pots dry in it (outside).
  • Back left - cab side curtains & other cloth based items.
  • Back right - Ridgemonkey XL toaster pan (handles & tools inside), whistling kettle, folding colander, oven gloves.
  • Front right - knives and kitchen utensils.
  • Right side - couple of coat hangers tucked in.
  • Lying on top - 3 thin chopping boards and 2 trays.
Space for more bits as required.​
Cut down camping mat under boxes and cheap, thin Ikea tea towels for wrapping items - for protection and “rattle reduction”.​
Awning winder clipped in normal place.​

On longer trips much of this stuff will moved to the awning, so the drawer can hold clothes and other stuff - to save having to go into the crazy wardrobe too often (drives me nuts)!​
We’ve only had the Cali sine January. Our last van was a Toyota Hiace with cupboards at the back so storage in the Cali has taken a lot of thought. I like having all the kitchen bits handy in the main part of the van for short trips and overnight stopovers.​
7DDFD56D-EC3F-4E8E-8943-9653A94880AD.jpeg

Yes, 2 fit exactly in the ocean drawer.

I originally found the idea from another post but can’t find it now.

I’ll nip out and take a pic later.
Hi Jason, any chance of posting the picture so I can see it. Thanks

Always interesting to see how people organise their stuff, but really it doesn't always make a lot of sense unless you also know how someone uses their van overall.

Our packing principle is to have things stored as close as possible to where we're going to use them - so our front window curtains are in a bag in the driver's door pocket. The hook up cables that @johntowers46 keeps in his drawer, goes in a box in the back of our van.

We only use the under bench drawer for 'evening' type stuff, eg books, iPads, etc etc plus Crocs and a couple of other things like binoculars. We don't need to stow food there because we buy as we go along, and we keep the kitchen gadgets pared down to only what will fit in the kitchen cupboards (we see it as camping, not running a pop-up restaurant :Grin).

For drawer dividers we just use a couple of cheap plastic trays that I already had lying around. They aren't full height so we can lay bigger things over the top if we need to (eg a big map book that we sometimes like to take, for next-day journey planning).

What’s its USP?
The usp, was that VW did a T5 special edition - Sonora-
it had a few nice extras, one of them being a bag set- suitcase that fits
into that drawer and some other bags and rucksacks.

I managed to bag myself a set, i like them as they are a California design set
and only special people know about them :D

Back