Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Small Bench Drawer - not £550 …!

Another excellent job, although in ours we keep gin/tonic in the drawer ..;-)

Great job drilling the holes, that must have been tricky. What drill/90d chuck did you use..?

I also made the shoe rack, but after my Mrs trapped her finger pushing the bench seat backwards, we no longer use it.!!!
Another excellent job, although in ours we keep gin/tonic in the drawer ..;-)

Great job drilling the holes, that must have been tricky. What drill/90d chuck did you use..?

I also made the shoe rack, but after my Mrs trapped her finger pushing the bench seat backwards, we no longer use it.!!!
Thankyou! Although you did most of the hard work by providing all the measurements and parts list!

thats a much better use of the drawer! Although Im sure at some point mine will be taken over with Wine for the mrs.

Yes there was a lot of getting into awkward positions and swearing a lot to get into the space, especially as I couldnt really see the marks where I wanted to drill but I got there in the end.
This is the attachment I used on the drill, worked perfectly to get into the tight space. https://www.diy.com/departments/alu...huck-key-adaptor-adapter/5056133347524_BQ.prd

I have pre-warned the Mrs about the shoe rack after reading about your Mrs trapped fingers. Ill see how long it lasts, but it was also to see what it was like to see if I wanted to invest in a more expensive ready made version, but I think this will probably do us as long as the Mrs approves.

And another one!
Needed to drill all the holes, our 2006 cali has no pre drilled holes. Took some effort and a few faulty holes because there is a lot of hidden structures inside the bench. But hey there she is. Used 60cm slides, 50 would have been enough and the 50cm fits better.

Thanks all!

20240416_121241.jpg

Wow that looks really nice. Did your Cali come with the extra front for the drawer or did you buy it seperately somewhere? Mine is a T5 2011 and I'd consider doing what you did, but the front didn't come with my van.

Wow that looks really nice. Did your Cali come with the extra front for the drawer or did you buy it seperately somewhere? Mine is a T5 2011 and I'd consider doing what you did, but the front didn't come with my van.
Yes the plug/cover came with the Cali. We are the second owner, the first owner bought it new in 2006 and sold it only 6 months ago to us. He realy loved his Cali. In a crate full of stuff there whas this odd looking plug. I think it came with the car when they bought it.

Back