Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DMP

Maartensurfing

Maartensurfing

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi,

I have been the owner of a 2020 VW T6.1 California Ocean for a week now. I bought the car in Germany and everything seemed to work fine. I thought I would reset to factory settings and add myself via We Connect as a new main user. That also worked well, but after a day or 2 I noticed that hands-free calling (CarPlay) no longer worked, the other side did not hear me. After that the system completely crashed and the step: "Loading user profile..." remains stuck.

Screenshot-2023-11-17-at-08-38-05.png

here is a link to a video I made

- Hard reset does not work;
- Pressing the SOS button long does not work, this button does not seem to work at all by the way;
- Battery disconnected for 1 hour does not work.

I have no idea anymore and the next dealer appointment cannot be made until the end of January. Does anyone have an idea what I could do myself to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance for a response.

Maarten

Hi,

I have been the owner of a 2020 VW T6.1 California Ocean for a week now. I bought the car in Germany and everything seemed to work fine. I thought I would reset to factory settings and add myself via We Connect as a new main user. That also worked well, but after a day or 2 I noticed that hands-free calling (CarPlay) no longer worked, the other side did not hear me. After that the system completely crashed and the step: "Loading user profile..." remains stuck.

- Pressing the SOS button long does not work, this button does not seem to work at all by the way;

I have no idea anymore and the next dealer appointment cannot be made until the end of January. Does anyone have an idea what I could do myself to troubleshoot?

Maarten

Hi Maarten,

I totally sympathise with you, from my experience with these units they are total junk and very unreliable. vw seem to virtually disown them.

But (again from the hassle I've had) I would suggest your unit might have tried to do an over the air update since you re-set it back to factory settings. This update may have failed to complete, leaving the unit in the current state.

My unit had (and still has) various issues. But some issues resolved after about a year with further over the air updates. Yours might do the same if you are willing to wait (a long time).

Other than that, "some" vw dealerships have "some" knowledge regarding the IT side of things and may be able to force update the system. BUT, before wasting your time going to any dealership - search locally for a dealership with KNOWLEDGE of these dreadful units.

Hi,

Maarten
These are the experts in your area.

Hi,

Best wishes for 2024!

The loading issue seems to have been resolved! VW dealer did some updates and replaced the SOS communication unit. Fortunately under warranty. But... now I've ran into another issue, my satnav doesn't seem to load and my userprofile doesn't seem to sync (Function not available displayed).

The car doesn't seem to get online although I switched the userprofile privacy settings totally off. When this means that I have to renew my We-Connect Plus subscription I'll do that right away, but I think this will not directly solve the issue.IMG_2110.jpeg

Suggestions appreciated.

IMG_2101.jpeg

IMG_2102.jpeg
IMG_2100.jpeg

Hi,

Best wishes for 2024!

The loading issue seems to have been resolved! VW dealer did some updates and replaced the SOS communication unit. Fortunately under warranty. But... now I've ran into another issue, my satnav doesn't seem to load and my userprofile doesn't seem to sync (Function not available displayed).

The car doesn't seem to get online although I switched the userprofile privacy settings totally off. When this means that I have to renew my We-Connect Plus subscription I'll do that right away, but I think this will not directly solve the issue.View attachment 117715

Suggestions appreciated.

View attachment 117712

View attachment 117713
View attachment 117714
I'm afraid I'm no expert with this unit but have you tried a reboot of the system or failing that a reset to Factory setup?

Thanks! Unfortunately the reset and reboot didn't solve the connection problem. I guess I have to live with it (it's a first world problem anyway...). The VW "We" team is still working on it so perhaps they're able to figure something out.

Back