Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking Sensors not working after emergency stop.

D

Dorchest

VIP Member
Merry Christmas everyone

Except to the Porsche driver who pulled out in front of me causing me to do an emergency stop which has affected my parking sensors!

Basically, I slammed on the brakes bringing me to a sudden halt with the sound of everything stored in the Cali crashing forward and I stalled.

Everything seemed fine afterwards except that now the parking sensors do not work. When I put the Cali into reverse , there is an initial buzz and flashing of the parking sensor button but the sensors don’t work.

Does anyone know how to reset them or the most economical way to get them fixed?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Best wishes..........Mike (Dorchester, Dorset)

VW California T5 2007 2.5L with both front and rear parking sensors.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas everyone

Except to the Porsche driver who pulled out in front of me causing me to do an emergency stop which has affected my parking sensors!

Basically, I slammed on the brakes bringing me to a sudden halt with the sound of everything stored in the Cali crashing forward and I stalled.

Everything seemed fine afterwards except that now the parking sensors do not work. When I put the Cali into reverse , there is an initial buzz and flashing of the parking sensor button but the sensors don’t work.

Does anyone know how to reset them or the most economical way to get them fixed?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Best wishes..........Mike (Dorchester, Dorset)
Not knowing which vehicle you have , whether you have both front and rear sensors etc does not help I’m afraid.

Hi WelshGas

Thanks for pointing that out. I’ve added the vehicle details to the bottom of the post (VW California T5 2007 2.5L with both front and rear parking sensors.).

Regards.......Mike