Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DNX516DABS Installation.

Calicliff

Calicliff

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I am having an issue with finding out the exact facts when installing the above unit.
My local agent cannot tell me if every thing that I am used to with the 315 unit I currently have fitted will work.
I guess being a new radio they have not fitted many and can only give me the Kenwood flyer which says that some features are model specific, how many different California SE models are there??
I admit that the 315 is not great but it does interconnect with my iPhone perfectly, I can travel around Europe and not get lost but it is not state of the art. So I am happy to shell out over a grand but I need to know before placing the order that it is going to install and link to the Cali. Will all the steering wheel controls still work? Will the information window on the dash still show all the details? Will my iPhone still connect via bluetooth and wired (for charging)? Basically what will I lose? Will CarPlay and Garmin etc be worth it?
As ever you guys will have your preferences and likes etc but I value the knowledge of the forum to save me making an error.

Steering wheel controls & air con display will work as will parking sensors. The information and navigation will show on the dash but it's not as detailed as the VW units. To get the dash to display Navigation your van may need coding (a 5 min job).

I have the unit installed, it's not perfect but if you want CarPlay, Nav & DAB then it's an option.

I fitted mine and brought some leads so I could reuse the VW Sat Nav & DAB aerial. If you don't have DAB then it comes with a windsceen DAB aerial.

I reviewed the unit on here in another post.

Back