Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do I get blinds in my Beach like the Ocean?

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello,

Ordererd the Cali beach and have assumed i get blinds on all windows like the ocean, is this the case, i hope so as i read in one forum you dont????

Hello,

Ordererd the Cali beach and have assumed i get blinds on all windows like the ocean, is this the case, i hope so as i read in one forum you dont????
Yes you do, the only difference is that the blind for the windscreen is not the same as the ocean. The ocean has a built in blind which can rolled out and back and is fixed on both sides of the screen, where as the beach has a material cover which need to be put up and then folded up and stored after use.

I can't speak for the T6 but the Beach and SE (upto 2015) have the same blinds.

Hi, I have a 2017 Beach. The blinds supplied for the windsceeen and front side windows are detachable pieces of material, not the roller blinds found on the Ocean. Maybe that has changed with newer models?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

yes you do for all side and rear windows not sure if the T6 beach has the pull across windscreen blind or the 3 fabric ones like its older T5 brother

yes you do for all side and rear windows not sure if the T6 beach has the pull across windscreen blind or the 3 fabric ones like its older T5 brother
Mine is 2018 and it has the material blinds

We only used ours a couple of times before replacing them with an external thermal cover which IMO is better.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thank you, so ocean and beach 2018 have different ones. Which ones lets the least light in? Only seen ocean blinds on youtube so assumed they woukd be the same on the beach :confused: are the beach ones worse/ better pros and cons?

We have a 2018 Beach and it came with the detachable blind for the windscreen (not magnetic) and the 2 blinds for the very front windows (magnetic), works fine - and we have no issues.

Most light comes in through the gaps in the blind over the rear window from what we have found.

All other blinds match the Ocean as far as I am aware, and roll down

But, if you are ordering now - am pretty sure your Beach would arrive with the same blinds as an Ocean for the Windscreen and would roll out. Front 2 side windows still magnetic though i believe

Does anyone have a photo of the fabric one in the window screen, cant seem to find one. Slighty dissapointed its not a built in blind on the windoescreen. Why have vw done that? Is the front different or something woth beach/ ocean, do you get built in blinds with the comfort dash upgrade maybe?

Does anyone have a photo of the fabric one in the window screen, cant seem to find one. Slighty dissapointed its not a built in blind on the windoescreen. Why have vw done that? Is the front different or something woth beach/ ocean, do you get built in blinds with the comfort dash upgrade maybe?

No A pillar pull-out blinds in the Beach with or without the comfort dash.

I took this up with my salesman as in the latest brochure in April, it showed an interior photo of the Beach with the A pillar blinds. I was hoping it was a MY19 upgrade but it seems it was just another one of VW's many marketing errors.

So how does the windiw screen blind stick on, is it easy?

Hooks over the end of each screen visor and around rear view mirror.. drapes down and wedges into groove between screen and dash.

Not too difficult.

Our T5 has the fabric ones for the front side windows (they fold into a figure of 8 rather like a pop up tent) and a fabric windscreen one with the flexible rods. Messed around folding them away into a bag until someone suggested just out them up top on the bed. Now it takes about ten seconds to put them up. Easy peasy why didn't I think of that!

If anyone's interested this is how small that one I linked goes, really tiny and super quick to fit as well as being a proper black out. Tucks into the front door pocket.

IMG_4350.JPG

To be a pain, any chance can you send photos of them up on inside and what they look like from the outside as be nice to see how they hang? Pretty please

To be a pain, any chance can you send photos of them up on inside and what they look like from the outside as be nice to see how they hang? Pretty please

Is that aimed at Tim?

I've had four types in all:

Beach - with windscreen cover that hooks over visors etc - acceptable.

SE - with a tent in a bag with a load of poles to put together - awful.

SE - with exterior suction 'silver screens' - good but bulky.

SE - with this black all in one nylon type I bought - super simple, light, cheap and compact, great blackout, dries really quick. Negative is - cannot open doors fully with it on and you cannot just cover the screen (for sun protection etc).

Last edited:
Back