Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Couple of questions about the Beach

H

htayles

VIP Member
I think we have finally decided to get a Beach, which is very exciting!!!

Firstly, I should say that I have found this forum so useful when weighing up what to do - so thank you!

However, there are some questions I have that I can't find definitive answers to (either on here or from the dealer(!)

1 - Hook Up

Am I right that this is now standard on all new Beaches? The dealer I've been speaking to couldn't confirm either way, but said it wasn't on the option list so he assumed it was indeed standard.

2 - Laminated v Privacy Glass

Do these options each give you the same darkness on the windows (I understand the darkened glass is from the driver windows back), just with more soundproofing on the laminated? The brochure isn't that clear and I've seen slightly conflicting answers on the forum.

Hi Taylesh

EHU is now standard on the new beach, you get the blue 240v inlet socket with cover flap at the rear near side of the van.

Inside on the panel behind the passenger seat you get a 13 amp 3 pin socket + a 12v socket above.

Laminate privy glass is the same shade, (Laminate glass keeps road noise down, i find it nice and quiet while driving.

Good luck with the dealer he do's not sound to bright to me :crazy

Thanks so much for your help - and great news about the EHU.

Now just need to try to agree the right price...

Back