Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do I have to register and pay the LEZ in London with a T6 (EURO6) Cali?

C

cundf

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We are traveling the south of England in June with our T6 Ocean. We stay some nights within the Low Emission Zone in London.
Our Cali is registered in Germany as a Campervan.
Do we have to pay the LEZ?

Many thanks in advance

Frank from Munich (the northern most Italian City)

No
I live in London with a T5 and I don't
If you drive into central London during the week you will have to pay the congestion charge, but nobody in their right mind would drive into central London ever

Agree with madwomanne.
The reason for registering would be that when you are picked up on a NPR (number plate recognition) camera the info. sent to the central computer would be recognised and no action taken. If not registered you would probably get an automatic ticket/fine which would then have to be sorted out.

LEZ and Congestion charge are not the same thing.

I live in LEZ. You don't have to do anything as your van is >2002. If you want to check go to TFL website and put in in your reg. number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in LEZ. You don't have to do anything as your van is >2002. If you want to check go to TFL website and put in in your reg. number.

That only applies to UK registered vehicles not German or any non UK registered one.

That only applies to UK registered vehicles not German or any non UK registered one.

I see, never read the rules myself.

Non UK, I'd charge them then, same as a TUV UWP. Only kidding.

Vehicles registered outside the United Kingdom
You will need to register your vehicle with us if:

Your vehicle meets LEZ emissions standards
Your vehicle qualifies for an exemption or discount. Read more about exemptions and discounts

I see, never read the rules myself.

Non UK, I'd charge them then, same as a TUV UWP. Only kidding.

Vehicles registered outside the United Kingdom
You will need to register your vehicle with us if:

Your vehicle meets LEZ emissions standards
Your vehicle qualifies for an exemption or discount. Read more about exemptions and discounts

Ref your comment on charges for non UK vehicles.
totally agree as we seem to have great difficulty in doing any charging to non UK residents for anything but get get charged everywhere when we depart our shores.

Always find that a query on here makes finding an answer educational.

Frank,

When traveling the Dartford Crossing East of London, don't forget to buy a ticket before passing there. You can't buy a ticket at the crossing itself. Most newsstands sell them. You'll be fined without a ticket, as we learned the hard way.
On gov.uk you can buy the ticket online in advance, with credit card.

Regards from Amsterdam,
Marc.

Back