Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does anybody know what this is....

jamesC

jamesC

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi,

I've seen this logo on many older California's (Type 25) but wonder what it means or if anybody knows where it may have come from?

Thanks

James

Moose.jpg

Seen it on quite a few motorhomes, so had assumed it was the Scandinavian equivalent of the Spanish bull that is appearing on lots of cars in the last few years.

Then again, wasn't sure if it was just a parody of the Spanish bull that has been appearing on lots of cars.

Stickers, they're so confusing. We just got a new one from the Shuttleworth Collection. I think it means we've visited the Shuttleworth Collection, but it might just mean we couldn't afford to get into Duxford.

May have something to do with Norway I think. Friends have just come back from a bike trip up there and one of them has something just like that attached to his bike. Elk country!

I think I have got to the bottom of this....

It is/was fashionable in Germany (and possibly elsewhere) to display this image, as well as the Bull and Camel, as indicators of your travel and experience.

Moose = Scandinavia
Bull = Spain
Camel = Morocco

I guess there may be others too!!

If you see one of something that looks like a donkey, it's probabaly the Catalan Ass (no, really), which Catalans have as their symbol instead of the Spanish Bull. Sold widely in Catalonia.

No - and it makes their human pyramids even more bizarre ;-)

Back