Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does anyone know what this is?

Sorry - hit the wrong key and posted before message complete!

I've looked through the forum but ca't find any clues -apologies if I've missed something. If anyone could supply instruction or a photo of the bumper in place, I'd be very grateful. Many thanks.

Thanks for merging my post with this one. I would not have thought to search undert the heading 'does anyone know what this is?' !

Having seen the photos in this post, I now realise both the bed bumpers in my Cali have come off, and one has already gone missing. I suspect I'm going to go for the 'put it in the ashtray' solution.

Thanks for merging my post with this one. I would not have thought to search undert the heading 'does anyone know what this is?' !

Having seen the photos in this post, I now realise both the bed bumpers in my Cali have come off, and one has already gone missing. I suspect I'm going to go for the 'put it in the ashtray' solution.

Searching "rubber stops shelf " gives info;)
Searching is best using keywords likey only to be found concerning the issue .
Using "what" "does" "found" etc. gives thousend posts , "rubber stops" give less results so more direct

I put glue around the inside of the black plastic corners to help hold the rubber stops in.

I put glue around the inside of the black plastic corners to help hold the rubber stops in.

Like i did the first time they came off , second attempt i did the above.

Many (all?) loose these rubbers, but they actually have a role. If not in place you can get the safety belts on the bench trapped between the seat frame and the shelf. So it is not a bad idea to find a more permanent solution like @hotel california. Maybe it is an idea for the club shop to sell something that actually stays in place?

IMG_4829.JPG IMG_4828.JPG

Mine did not came off since my DIY solution.....:thumb
Tru about the seatbelt ....didn't even think of that! Good thinking @Kmann

I never managed to discover where the rubber stops were meant to fit, but no disasters yet, thankfully.

Wohoo. Thanks for the info here as I was facing the Norwegian EU check (MOT) and they were saying my rear seatbelt is not working and needs replacing. I thought it strange, so after trawling the forum found this post. Went out to the van and adjusted the rear seat - voila. Saves a few (hundred maybe thousand) Kronor. Thanks team.

Wohoo. Thanks for the info here as I was facing the Norwegian EU check (MOT) and they were saying my rear seatbelt is not working and needs replacing. I thought it strange, so after trawling the forum found this post. Went out to the van and adjusted the rear seat - voila. Saves a few (hundred maybe thousand) Kronor. Thanks team.

Yes indeed , without that rubber one can have a trapped rear seatbelt.

That thing came off the first day I had the van... Was just lucky to find it in the grass before driving off. My plan is to use some silicon and have them stay in place.

Hi,
Noticed somewhere on the forum recently somebody mentioning what a the black rubbery thing was that had fallen off - think it goes on the bed frame.

Please help.

Could you please post a picture ?
Have no clue what that could be....

Just got home from a weekend away in our T6 Cali, and found this object stuck in the nozzle of the Dyson. It doesn't appear to come from the doors, which have a more squared off rubber stopper, and so I am a bit stumped. If anyone has any idea that would be great. Failing that I might just have to wait to see what starts to rattle next time! Cheers, Nick IMG_20180812_145822.jpg IMG_20180812_145811.jpg

They fit in the rear shelf and the rear of the bench seat presses against them. There purpose is to stop the rear seat belt from getting jammed.
They pop out very easily but not once you are aware and are careful to move the bench forward before removing or adjusting the shelf.
Good luck a bit fiddly putting back.

Mike

Wow! Such a quick answer. Many thanks. I'll go out and push it back in! Thank you for your help. Nick

..... And went to fit it and found its mate from the other side on the floor as well! As you say, a pain to refit. Had to remove the holding bracket first . Cheers.

..... And went to fit it and found its mate from the other side on the floor as well! As you say, a pain to refit. Had to remove the holding bracket first . Cheers.

Good stuff. Worth doing though. Some have left them out but I had my Mum in the back and seat belt jammed without them. Now you know

Mike

They are an initiation test piece :shocked

I think every Cali owner has found them rolling around somewhere and thought "what are these?":D

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Have only had our new Ocean a month, and was packing the boot with the seat a little further forwards and found these two bits. I have no idea where they came from, can anyone help me out please?

BBEE9B1A-F01B-409E-9FDE-B8D340B8DF0C.jpeg

They are from the rear metal shelf rubber buffers, they are always falling out and a pain to put back in.

Back