Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does anyone know what this is?

I have a collection.

They fell out with my first Cali after about a week and never bothered putting them back. They are now in a drawer together with the two from my new Cali, which fell out before I had even got the thing home :shocked

They can be put back, they do serve some sort of purpose, the purpose for me has never justified the PITA job of getting them back in.

as @Moose said, buffers for the rear parcel shelf.

They are from the rear metal shelf rubber buffers, they are always falling out and a pain to put back in.
That said - they are important. They provide some clearance for the seatbelts to stop them getting trapped between the rear seat and the bed shelf. Best way to put them back in? Washing up liquid and a pair of pliers!

Thank you, do you have to unscrew the plate to put them back in?

Mine fell out when I put the bed shelf on the top rails, the seat appears very tight up to the shelf, but on the bottom rails they only just touch with the seat pushed right back, answer pull the seat forward on notch.

Thank you, do you have to unscrew the plate to put them back in?
Yes I did and but they still fell out, even tried glueing them but its like magic out they pop:mad::mad:. As GrannyJen has done now in the draw:headbang

There’s no need to take the bracket off a bit fiddly but just push back in then used a small flat screw driver or similar to push the first part of the lip in to the hole then rotate and repeat had to do a few times

Does anyone have any tips for getting them back in? I have tried to work them back in with a small screwdriver and also with washing up liquid but no success so far!

yes undo the screws holding on the plastic corner pieces then pull them through from behind using pliers until the locate in the groove of the grommit

yes undo the screws holding on the plastic corner pieces then pull them through from behind using pliers until the locate in the groove of the grommit
Agree, but be prepared to have to repeat process as they will come out again.

Does anyone have any tips for getting them back in? I have tried to work them back in with a small screwdriver and also with washing up liquid but no success so far!

Do as i did showed in #21 on page 2

.... glad I found this thread. Now I know what the erroneous rubber-grommet-bump-stop-thing is for :thumb

Do as i did showed in #21 on page 2

Yup. To be fair, I will be doing exactly that. Incidentally, after reading the full post listings on this thread I'm amazed at how many people have asked "what is this for?" The answer is provided several times!

I just open the tailgate and found these rubber pieces and can’t figure out what they are for. Anyone recognize where they should be?

71F53529-610B-499D-8F34-FE05D195A3FD.jpeg

They are off the back of the mesh frame which carries the mattress, they are to stop the seat fouling the seat belts when you push the seat back.

The most asked question in the forum :D

They are bump stops that feed into holes in the end of the metal headboard and designed to prevent the bench seat being pushed too hard against the shelf trapping the seatbelt.

Thanks for the quick response! I will take a second look.

Yeah you had to screw away they black plastic prices that holds them but now they are back in place. Thank you!

E2A33CB8-1152-4682-879A-386F7A8BD8E3.jpeg

6BF2FA93-CEC0-43E3-9731-00136453190B.jpeg

I put some adhesive glue on mine to prevent them coming out again.

20201226_194511.jpgHi all. I have a Cali OCEAN 2016. After a short camping trip in August I found these small rubber caps in the rear space behind the bench seat. I couldn't find where they went so took them to the local VW dealer and asked there. They didn't know either. Does anyone know where they go or have I acquired them without knowing??
Many thanks, Dan.

20201226_194450.jpg

View attachment 71106Hi all. I have a Cali OCEAN 2016. After a short camping trip in August I found these small rubber caps in the rear space behind the bench seat. I couldn't find where they went so took them to the local VW dealer and asked there. They didn't know either. Does anyone know where they go or have I acquired them without knowing??
Many thanks, Dan.

View attachment 71107

Probably the most well known of items that are enquired about.
They fix on the shelf and rest against the back of the rear bench.
Purpose is to stop the seat belts from jamming.
They are a pain to get back in and many glue them in because if your not careful
when moving the shelf they pop out.

Mike

And to you and welcome to the club.

Mike

Hi Dan,
Welcome to the club.
As + T6SFO says, probably the most well known of the items that are enquired about.
Ignoring the goodwill to all men sentiment, the answer to your question was at #64, i.e. only 6 posts before yours. There's even a photo of the damned things. Maybe could try harder?

View attachment 71106Hi all. I have a Cali OCEAN 2016. After a short camping trip in August I found these small rubber caps in the rear space behind the bench seat. I couldn't find where they went so took them to the local VW dealer and asked there. They didn't know either. Does anyone know where they go or have I acquired them without knowing??
Many thanks, Dan.

View attachment 71107
1 Earplugs ?
2 Wireless headphones ?

I can't believe how many years these bump stops have been fitted without VW modification to stop them falling out.
Are these still on the T6.1 with the chaise longue bed?

Back