Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does my TAG still work?

I’ve not used my tag for any vehicle other than cars i’ve owned in the past, never in a California. So a few questions:-

1. Since the Cali is under 2m do you go through the non-height restricted lane or do you go through the height restricted.
2. Do you get charged as car (Class 1) or a van (Class 2)?
3. If you’ve been charged for Class 2 have you successfully received a toll adjustment after requesting one?
Yes
Yes
Yes

I’ve not used my tag for any vehicle other than cars i’ve owned in the past, never in a California. So a few questions:-

1. Since the Cali is under 2m do you go through the non-height restricted lane or do you go through the height restricted.
3. If you’ve been charged for Class 2 have you successfully received a toll adjustment after requesting one?
1. I tried a 2m height-restricted lane, on my way to the South of France last month. Took it slow, because it looked tight. Sure enough, the roof tapped the dangly-pipes on the way through, so I guess they must have been set a bit low. No drama, but we stuck to the non-height restricted lanes thereafter.

2017 Beach; standard suspension; no bikes/box/solar; fully loaded with camping gear & 3 passengers.

2. I just checked and have always been charged as class 1 in France, even when hitting the “2m” height restriction danglies!

F716811A-D0C0-47D8-9C7A-342BB206CBDB.jpeg

We’ve got an APRR (now Mango) tag and you can also exchange them at certain service areas on their motorway network. Not sure if you can do that with Emovis at Sanef.
We never use the 30kph lane the first time on any trip just in case…..:headbang

Back