Toll Tags

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
i already have a Sanif Tag for the French Motorway system, but seeing as I will be using the Severn Toll bridge more in the future, and the queues seem to be getting longer since they introduced card payments, I decided to get a Severn Bridge Tag.
Unlike applying for the Sanif Tag it cannot be done online. You download a form, fill it in and send off with a cheque for £105 which includes the £30 Tag deposit and £75 credit for your account to pay for the crossings. Your account must then be kept in credit by DD, cheque or BACS transfers. A very clunky 20th Century system by all accounts.
Anyway my Tag arrived and it is about 4 x the size of the Sanif tag. Impossible to fit behind the rear view mirror, well not if you want to use the mirror ( I do to check I still have 2 bikes on the tow bar bike rack ). So I ended up fitting it to the bottom of the windscreen which is in fact higher than the " behind the mirror position " on my wife's MX5.
Hope it works.image.jpegimage.jpeg

I agree, but now I can avoid the queues. If only they had the 30 km speed TAG lane they have in France.

I just get mine out of the side pocket and hold it up when I need it. The bridge(s) are ridiculously expensive, but it's good bypassing the queues and not having to fumble for change.

Back