Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scam email from VW FINANCE?

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Westafalia club joker
I’ve just received an email from VW Financial Services …… tried to call them (not on the number in email, but the one on my service plan invoice but there’s a long queue!
Anyone else had this? Looks dodgy as there’s no reference to my account number.
The “letter” had all the right looking headers etc.

We’re making some changes to our online account management service
We’re letting you know that we’re making some changes to our online account service.

We are moving our online account service, and you may have received a communication from J. P. Morgan, who are our current partner supplier.

Please be assured that these changes relate only to your online access to your account. No changes have been made to your agreement, or the information you see within the site, this change is only regarding the login for your online account.​
What this means for you
To continue using this service, please log in to your Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Financial Services online account and accept the new terms and conditions.

If you do not accept the new terms and conditions your account will be disabled, and you will need to re-register to continue to use the benefits of our online account management service.

If you haven’t logged in for a while you may be asked to re-register when you next try to access your online account. To set up your account now, simply click the link below and follow the steps to register your details and accept the new T&Cs. Our helpful chatbot support is available on the login page to help if you do have any queries.​

It’s not a scam. I opened it online and was directed to the genuine VW Commercial website. I logged in, and it had the correct info for the van.

It’s not a scam. I opened it online and was directed to the genuine VW Commercial website. I logged in, and it had the correct info for the van.
Cheers. I'm always wary of these type of messages if they include a "threat" ..... "If you do not accept the new terms and conditions your account will be disabled, and you will need to re-register to continue to use the benefits of our online account management service."

You would think VW would be sensitive to the perception of scammyness. I'm constantly bombarded from the likes of Amazon asking to me to login and verify details, or face the consequences.

I’ll be honest, my first reaction to the email was ‘scam’. Going on to the business website is usually a good indication - make sure all the pages work etc.

Having gone to the Finance website it would appear that I’ve never had an online management account!Am I the only one who finds VW’s online customer interfaces a muddle?

Having gone to the Finance website it would appear that I’ve never had an online management account!Am I the only one who finds VW’s online customer interfaces a muddle?
Probably developed by the same numpties in the vehicle software development dept

Yep same here - until I entered my email and current password in three times - then they found the account! Absolutely seamless efficiency ! ;)

Back