Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does your awning rattle?

Suffered with a really annoying rattle on the drivers side and spent ages trying to source it; took the table out of the door, drove with the window open and grasped the awning etc. Nearly took it back to the dealer for them to investigate. Then read a suggestion on the forum about putting car sponges in the awning just before you fully wind it in; 100% fixed, no more noise.

Indeed I do WG...but the play in the hinge is making the arms bottom out on the casing where there are 2 very thin strips right at the back of the housing. My arms don't appear to collapse to an extent where these would be any use. Any ideas?
Yep I know the blocks are squiffily placed in the pic from the rubbish glue. They keep on shifting and are currently in place.View attachment 90039
The fact that those blocks keep moving means, I would think, that the arms are resting against them, but moving up and down with vehicle movement.
Do you have excess movement in the Arms, Part 11 & 12, at the attachment points.

1A04AB85-8554-4359-8D54-7F39F7BF1AEE.jpeg

There’s so many bits of metal that make up the awning some are bound to touch each other and rattle. We found it was the legs that were the culprit. Fitted insulated dots here and there and now no rattle.

There’s so many bits of metal that make up the awning some are bound to touch each other and rattle. We found it was the legs that were the culprit. Fitted insulated dots here and there and now no rattle.
pretty sure each and every one of them rattles on mine

Do you have excess movement in the Arms, Part 11 & 12, at the attachment points.

The attachment points have enough play to allow movement at the hinge (when collapsed/awning retracted) to move up and down over 10mm's. That would strike me as normal and unworn to translate to 10mm over that length but I'm not 100% sure. I have read another post somewhere and the author tightened the top nuts on the fixed ends of 11 & 12 which have 2 nuts each (1 top 1 bottom as can be seen in the photo you attached. I haven't looked closely enough yet to see of that is taking out some possible cable stretch or doing something else. Either way I will take a look.

I just want to say My Rattle Came Back but don't panic!!!
The clips I bought were tight as a drum to fit but the weather was 8 degrees cooler than recently. So the familiar noise was back
and I opened the awning today to look and saw that they had slid apart. Hence allowing the hinged part of each extending awning arm to once again have more freedom for vertical movement in the awning housing.
I slid them back to where the old rubber pads used to be and
bingo!!! rattle gone once more.
So I guess you could use glue or silicone sealant to secure their position? Personally I would rather not do that and I'm prepared to unwind the awning occasionally to slide them back into position but we'll see how frequent that becomes.

We had rattles, but threads on this forum said to wind out the awning, and check that the 2 (anti-rattle) rubbers were still in place.
Checked, and found that 1 had slipped, so stuck it back in place and have had no more rattles for months, and it cost nothing.
I know this is an old post but this rattle we’ve had since new (3years now) thought it was the window but suggestions on here make us think ‘awning’. Tried winding in - out and no difference. Just not sure exactly where the ‘rubber fittings you refer to are located…. Or should be.. Any help appreciated.