Dog Trailer

fozzybear

fozzybear

fozzybear63
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,
Just got ourselves a new puppy and want to buy a dog ‘trailer’ and looking for some options. Can anyone offer some advice on which one to buy and which one not to.

Hi,
Just got ourselves a new puppy and want to buy a dog ‘trailer’ and looking for some options. Can anyone offer some advice on which one to buy and which one not to.
Have never seen anyone tow a dog trailer with a Cali in my years of ownership. Would it not be a bit frightening for the puppy? When we got our puppy she came in the van with us and still absolutely loves it, think she would have been a nervous wreck being towed in a trailer.

apologies - should refer to towing using a bike!!

apologies - should refer to towing using a bike!!
We are going to look further into a ‘Buddyrider’ which we’ve recently seen someone use. Probably only useful for small dogs or puppies. Why type of dog is your puppy as this will be helpful for recommendations?

We have the Croozer for our Lab.

We started off with a modified children’s trailer but the architecture/size just didn’t work plus it was unstable.

The Croozer is eye wateringly expensive but worth it. It’s built like a tank and quality is everything you’d expect from a German product. It’s super stable and gives you complete confidence in the safety of pooch.

One thing that is tricky is getting the correct axle mount for your bike. There is a huge number of options on the Croozer site but, as long as you understand your bike/hub/axle then it’s easy to order the correct one.

I’m hoping to do some bike packing on our tandem triplet with our two boys. Luggage in panniers and on trailer. I was wondering about Meg. I thought a dog basket mounted on top of the Zarges box which sits behind the Triplet on a Y-large trailer. Mostly, though, she would trot alongside.

Hi,
hi for some years we used a dog trailer with our retriever, and were very pleased with it in every regard. See website.

Looks perfect - can you tell me which one you have?
It was this one….

https://travfurler.com/collections/travel-dog-shop/products/k9-sport-sack-plus-2

and purchased from that site too. Small firm but super friendly and efficient. We had a small issue with the bag, and they couldn’t have been more helpful.

Currently away in the van in Cornwall and taken the sack with me to the beach. Useful for long walks when she gets tired (she’s still a puppy and knackered herself out). Allows us to do long walks without worrying about her little legs!!

Thank you for responding so quickly. Will be ordering one this evening. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

We have the Croozer for our Lab.

We started off with a modified children’s trailer but the architecture/size just didn’t work plus it was unstable.

The Croozer is eye wateringly expensive but worth it. It’s built like a tank and quality is everything you’d expect from a German product. It’s super stable and gives you complete confidence in the safety of pooch.

One thing that is tricky is getting the correct axle mount for your bike. There is a huge number of options on the Croozer site but, as long as you understand your bike/hub/axle then it’s easy to order the correct one.
I’ve been looking at one of these for my dog and was wondering which size/model you have for your lab?