Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dokia sola panel

Leeky

Leeky

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Iv just acquired a dokia 4 panel travel sola panel 200w, where and leisure battery would I conect it too, as there are 2 battery’s

Does it come with a charge controller?

the two leisure batteries are already connected so you could connect your charge controller to either of them; both would be charged by the panel.

Yes it comes with a controller, I’m new to all this solar stuff, there’s crocodile clips on end, which would mean getting to battery, front one prob easiest unless I made a socket

Yes it comes with a controller, I’m new to all this solar stuff, there’s crocodile clips on end, which would mean getting to battery, front one prob easiest unless I made a socket
That sounds like a simple solution to test the system. It is tricky getting to the battery with the seat in place. I would definitely make a plug and socket that you can get to more easily in the longer term. Good luck.

That sounds like a simple solution to test the system. It is tricky getting to the battery with the seat in place. I would definitely make a plug and socket that you can get to more easily in the longer term. Good luck.
Many thanks indeed, what sort of plug do you think? Cigarette type?

Many thanks indeed, what sort of plug do you think? Cigarette type?
Yeah that would work and it will have a fuse in the male plug. Measure the diameter of the cables supplied with the charge controller (the ones with the crocodile clips on them) then try to find a 12v extension cable that has the same diameter cables. As long as you are not increasing the length of cables significantly, that should remain safe. I would add an inline fuse between the female socket and the battery when you make your connection there.
Car Cigarette Lighter Extension Cable, CHGeek 12V 24V Adapter Plug Socket DC Power Supply Wire Lead Car Charger 12FT/3.6M Male to Female for Outdoor, Camping and Travelling https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BRVN3LD/?tag=eliteelect-21

Now confused.com, sorry, so I’d need female and connect to leisure battery, and then chop crocodile clips off and replace with male?

Now confused.com, sorry, so I’d need female and connect to leisure battery, and then chop crocodile clips off and replace with male?
Yes. That is what I’d do. A fused female 12v socket connected directly to the leisure battery under the seat.

cut off the crocodile clips on the cables from the charge controller and fit a 12v male plug (already fused). Keep your cables as short as you can while still allowing you to place the panel wherever you want.
But before you do any of this check the system works with just the crocodile clips attached to the battery (in case you need to return it)

Yes. That is what I’d do. A fused female 12v socket connected directly to the leisure battery under the seat.

cut off the crocodile clips on the cables from the charge controller and fit a 12v male plug (already fused). Keep your cables as short as you can while still allowing you to place the panel wherever you want.
But before you do any of this check the system works with just the crocodile clips attached to the battery (in case you need to return it)
Thanks ever so much, gives me something to do tomorrow, bought from a chap who decided to fix panels on roof on his motor home, brand new never used £70, also bought 2kw generator brand new Stanley and a portaloo lol all brand new