Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Door Mirror Glass

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
A motorhome took out my drivers door mirror in the lakes today - despite me being literally in the hedge and practically stationary !!! :mad:. Fortunately the mirror body seems to have survived but the glass smashed. Hopefully the wiring for the heating element has survived - no way of knowing until I replace the glass I guess.

I’m trying to work out how much I need to replace. Am I just replace the mirror glass or do I need to get it pre-mounted on the plastic clip-in assembly.

Thanks.

A motorhome took out my drivers door mirror in the lakes today - despite me being literally in the hedge and practically stationary !!! :mad:. Fortunately the mirror body seems to have survived but the glass smashed. Hopefully the wiring for the heating element has survived - no way of knowing until I replace the glass I guess.

I’m trying to work out how much I need to replace. Am I just replace the mirror glass or do I need to get it pre-mounted on the plastic clip-in assembly.

Thanks.
Any help? 2020 T6

EDD020BF-F2CE-42BA-BEC6-824D5BD30DD8.jpeg

When a motorhome took out my driver side mirror in the (guess where .... ) lakes , the mirror (part 12 in the image from WG) just snapped out and the retaining clips for part 6 broke. I only had to replace part 6. everything else just snapped back in. In my case, the motorhome never stopped ... and happily went on his way.

If only the mirror is broken, you can get replacements. It just clips in.

Reactions: DM

Thanks.
My heated driver's mirror began to vibrate a lot, the glass was coming unstuck from the plastic back so I purchased a replacement off of eBay, simple to fit (see YouTube) and all working fine now...

When a motorhome took out my driver side mirror in the (guess where .... ) lakes , the mirror (part 12 in the image from WG) just snapped out and the retaining clips for part 6 broke. I only had to replace part 6. everything else just snapped back in. In my case, the motorhome never stopped ... and happily went on his way.

If only the mirror is broken, you can get replacements. It just clips in.
I think it’s just the actual mirror glass - part 12 - that is broken. But it seems to be bonded to a plastic backplate that looks different to WG’s schematic. Mine is a T6.

My heated driver's mirror began to vibrate a lot, the glass was coming unstuck from the plastic back so I purchased a replacement off of eBay, simple to fit (see YouTube) and all working fine now...
Is it just a case of glueing the new glass to the old backplate?

I think it’s just the actual mirror glass - part 12 - that is broken. But it seems to be bonded to a plastic backplate that looks different to WG’s schematic. Mine is a T6.
The parts diagram is for the 2020 model, according to the site.

I think it’s just the actual mirror glass - part 12 - that is broken. But it seems to be bonded to a plastic backplate that looks different to WG’s schematic. Mine is a
Is it just a case of glueing the new glass to the old backplate?
The eBay item is an assembly of the plastic backing plate, heater element and mirror so you just unclip the old one, remove the two heater wires, replace the wires onto to new one and firmly clip back on. Take a look at this video ...

Thanks - I just ordered one to click and collect I’m Penrith later this week

I got this glass and have replaced it. But despite it stating it is a direct replacement for a 2015-2020 T6 the spades for the heating element are in a different position and the wires are not long enough to reach.

the original is on the right below. It’ll do for now but I’ll have to get either an original or better alternative for winter.

F663D468-4274-4745-A566-5BE13E6684D7.jpeg

I got this glass and have replaced it. But despite it stating it is a direct replacement for a 2015-2020 T6 the spades for the heating element are in a different position and the wires are not long enough to reach.

the original is on the right below. It’ll do for now but I’ll have to get either an original or better alternative for winter.

View attachment 78787
Show the picture to the supplier and he may replace it with the correct one or you could always extend the wires at a push.
You need this type ...

Show the picture to the supplier
I’ll try that - not too bothered for £14 - I’d happily have paid that for a temporary replacement. I could try to extend the wires but I don’t want to cut them so that’d mean finding the right spade connectors.

Back