Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wobbly door mirror glass

Tom

Tom

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
The glass in the door mirror on the passenger side is wobbly and a distraction when driving. I’m sure there was a discussion on this some time ago. Anyway we’re off to France in September and I want to fix it before we go. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

The glass in the door mirror on the passenger side is wobbly and a distraction when driving. I’m sure there was a discussion on this some time ago. Anyway we’re off to France in September and I want to fix it before we go. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
The mirror is glued to a carrier plate which clips into the base plate which is the bit that moves with the mirror controls. The mirror could have become unstuck from the carrier or the carrier partially unclimbed.
Try pushing in the centre with both thumbs and fingers around the mirror surround, to make sure the carrier plate is clipped in place..

Sorry can’t help with a solution but would suggest you take a spare with you in case it falls out altogether. You can get the complete unit or a cheaper just in case option is to carry a stick on mirror replacement. Reason I suggest this is that we had our glass fall out on the autoroute as the glue had simply given way, possibly due to the heat. Driving in Europe without a passenger wing mirror is not ideal!

Back