Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Door Mirrors

Simon67

Simon67

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi guys. The electric mechanism is knackered on the driver's side of my Westy. It looks like I'll need to replace the whole mirror which is a pain as it's painted. As it's LHD the mirror is the wide one of the 2. Has anyone fitted a 'long mirror' on the driver's side as they are much easier to come by.

Any mirror advice gratefully received
smiley1.gif

Cheers

Simon

I've always wondered why the mirrors are different shapes. I'd suggest you sit in your passenger seat and see what the visibility is like in the 'long' mirror as if it was the drivers seat. You may find its not quite as good as the 'wide' version. It may well be just as good but I can't imagine VW fitting different mirrors without good reason. For the record the correct shaped replacement from VW, unpainted, is around £165. Had to pick myself up off the floor when I found that out.

Hi guys. The electric mechanism is knackered on the driver's side of my Westy. It looks like I'll need to replace the whole mirror which is a pain as it's painted. As it's LHD the mirror is the wide one of the 2. Has anyone fitted a 'long mirror' on the driver's side as they are much easier to come by.

Any mirror advice gratefully received
smiley1.gif

Cheers

Simon

Keep an eye on ebay.de these parts come up regularly from people breaking T4's in all colours

Thanks guys; just found correct LHD pattern ones on Transporters R us for £34. I'll have to run around with one blue and one black for a while but at least I'll be able to see!

I need to replace my near side mirror glass ( drivers side as it is lhd). Went to VW Commercial and they have none in stock and none in Germany either. Last time it was smashed ( 3 in all!) it failed the mot without the glass so, be warned. I have ordered one fron T4srUs and hope it fits ok. Will keep the forum posted.

Back