Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Door Mirrors

Custardtart

Custardtart

I have noticed that the door mirrors on my new Cali Beach are black not olympic blue.

The brochure shows they should be colour matched.

Has the spec changed or should I contact the dealer?

Also - is it a big job - new mirrors or is it just a colour matched cover that clips on the back of the mirrors?
Thanks

Contact the dealer and see what they say. If you take the mirrors apart you cannot re-ue the trims as they break on removal so you will need to get new trims and paint them first before taking everything apart and refitting.

cheers

Thanks Alex.

I found out it's my mistake. I managed to get a van that had been ordered in by someone else so was already spec'd. Turns out they spec'd the no-cost (unusual) option of black mirrors/door handles.

Not what I'd have chosen but ok.

Thanks for the info - I may get them painted in the future - but probably won't ever get round to it!

Hi Custardtart.. About to order a California Beach. Was wondering to buy the black wing mirrors looked as good over time? Would possible like them on my yellow Beach

Last edited:
Hi, can anyone advise how we fold the mirrors in when we are driving slow? I thought I’d read somewhere that if you’re driving under 10 mph this is possible.

thanks
bud

Hi, can anyone advise how we fold the mirrors in when we are driving slow? I thought I’d read somewhere that if you’re driving under 10 mph this is possible.

thanks
bud
On T5.1 you just turn the wing mirror adjustment knob to 12 o'clock position, can be done at any speed.

(...But might be different on T6.1)

Similar - turn it to the 7 o'clock position

Back