Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Door / road noise

Gavrobb

Gavrobb

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
If its been posted on here before then apologies ( I couldnt find anything) Of late our T6 often sounds a lot like the rear sliding door or drivers door is not shut properly (it is). Passing cars or oncoming traffic - basically anything on the RHS sounds unusually noisy like an open window. It's lost that airtight quality to the seals. Is this normal after a couple years or is there something damaged on the rubber seals that I am missing??

Thanks

Does not sound normal especially on such a young vehicle. Presuming you have followed all around the perimeter of each seal checking it is properly in place. IIRC there are double door seals on these?

If its been posted on here before then apologies ( I couldnt find anything) Of late our T6 often sounds a lot like the rear sliding door or drivers door is not shut properly (it is). Passing cars or oncoming traffic - basically anything on the RHS sounds unusually noisy like an open window. It's lost that airtight quality to the seals. Is this normal after a couple years or is there something damaged on the rubber seals that I am missing??

Thanks
Could try using a short length of garden hose holding one end to the ear and move it around the door when stopped next to a noisy / busy road. Usually pinpoints where noise is coming from. Also check if back edge of door flush with rear panel all the way down. It's easy to bend the bottom of door out by closing it with an obstruction on the step.

Thanks @Skewif - as always, some good tips in there. I thought I'd just ask if there were any known issues around this one - bottom of door could be a real potential for sure, easy done closing it on something (kids!) Will check

Don't know of any issues. Door has a fair amount of adjustability and might just need a tweak. I notice you have something like the Dubflectors fitted. When I fitted mine I found they let a lot of outside / cars passing noise in. Took a bit poking clips around to lessen the sound. Might be worth putting your ear to the top back of the door, could be that you're hearing?

could be your wing mirror housing slightly moved thus causing the wind noise....worth a look

@Skewif - VERY well noted on the deflectors and you're spot on - the fitting of these does leave a lot of issues with regards to the window seal and could likely be the issue. I'll focus on the fit on the metal clips. TBH I have been thinking about removing them anyway - great for the rain but the blind spot they create (effectively doubling the width of the pillar) is pretty scary. Actually caught me by surprise last week when I noticed it hid an entire, oncoming T5 as I approached a junction.

Last edited:
Back