Annoying Squeak.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Any tips or advice please. I have an annoying squeak that seems to be just behind the drivers seat, around the sliding door. Only heard when on a rough road or speed bumps. Sometimes disappears after opening/shutting sliding door. Sounds like squeaky rubber.
Am going to spray all seals with silicon spray and remove table in door for a run.
Gas cylinder has now got a cylinder cover on. No change. Cupboards emptied, doors open and wardrobes open, no change.
Has anyone any other tips to try?

It could be the table in the door, a lot seem To pack this out with a tea towel.

Well took the table out. Squeak still present. Silicon spray on all seals, no change. Driving me mad, especially as it is the only rattle/squeak left.
I know it's my OCD taking control.:headbang :headbang

If all you can hear is one squeak I think you should go and get your hearing checked ;)

Have you had some one sitting in the back to try and pinpoint where the noise is coming from ?
It's suprising where the noise can be contrary to where you think it is
Good luck in finding it
Alan

Could it be the awning unit? There is a rubber strip at the back of it which could rub and cause a squeak ....

I found one similar squeak was the draw under the rear bench seat. The grey plastic was rubbing on the kitchen side. Spotted it because there was plastic dust on the metal behind. Fixed with some soft side of Velcro applied to the metal behind. It also gives a more pleasing closing feel too. Good luck in your hunt

Hi Barry. My hearing is fine SWMBO's isn't so she is no help. I will find it!!!!
I've got a 5,000 mile round trip to Knordkapp starting in May so I will find it.
Thanks motacyclist, there is no movement on the awning or squeak but I've opened it and re closed so will see tomorrow.
I don't think it is the draw MichaelB as it is still there draw open or closed.
Thanks all, keep suggestions coming.:thumb

Give the trim a bash with the palm of your hand on the pillars around the kitchen window. Sometimes it can work slightly loose.

Mine creaked when it has had the roof work done recently, so I suspect it was taken off during the repair. Reseating it did help. Worth a try.

Alan

I don't know if this is any help, but mine had a squeak/rattle which I traced to the legs of the awning. I cured it be sticking 4 40mm lengths of EPDM draught excluder near the leg ends to restrict their movement. Good luck anyway. I have an annoying rattle under the dash which is continuous.

Definitely not the awning. Varys depending on how hard or not sliding door shuts. I think I will have to get my son to ride in the back to track this one down.

I have a new Cali , and have the very same squeak , it is bloody annoying , baring in mind it is right by your ear , I have taken the trim off and found nothing - it is 100'% coming from the roof - let me know how you get on .

I thought it was the roof, raised that and silicone sprayed everything. No Change.
Same with sliding door, sprayed all the seals. No Change. BUT if I slammed the door then squeak became a lot quieter.
Then I sprayed the electrical connection on the leading edge of sliding door, both male and female parts, and alongside the spring loaded male plug. I used ACF50, that you can use on electrical switches etc:, approved by FDA for aircraft electronics etc:, seems to have worked for all but the most rutted roadways. Only did it a few days ago and was going to wait a week or so before posting the results.

With the help of my son finally isolated the final squeak, that I thought was from the sliding door. WRONG. He isolated it to the rear tailgate, top R side, the large corrugated rubber cable cover to the tailgate. Liberal spray of silicone and total quiet.
Now very happy. A bit OCD maybe, but so much nicer.:bananadance

With the help of my son finally isolated the final squeak, that I thought was from the sliding door. WRONG. He isolated it to the rear tailgate, top R side, the large corrugated rubber cable cover to the tailgate. Liberal spray of silicone and total quiet.
Now very happy. A bit OCD maybe, but so much nicer.:bananadance

You couldn't come up to Glasgow and do my knees and hips with that magic juice of yours could you :thumb

Could have 4 months ago. Not allowed to now.

Do you have an awning, I had a noise that was the awning I wound it out a bit and then in again and it was sorted

Yes Pete. Checked that. I emptied the van of everything removable. Squeak still present. Sprayed silicone on the roof, side door and front door seals. No difference. Was convinced it was behind drivers seat. Adjusted seat positions, kitchen doors open/closed, shelves in/out still no change. Sprayed rear door seals, no change. Then my son, my wife couldn't hear it, pointed to the spot. Stopped, opened rear door and realised the large corrugated rubber wire cover was the culprit. Now sorted. Bliss.

Back