Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Door trim versus frost

capt kirk

capt kirk

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi
During the recent cold weather the front of the van got very iced up, on opening the front door a piece of rubber trim fell off. I found it on the floor when returning from my trip. I guess it had frozen to the wheel arch and got pulled off when i opened the door. Its held on by six tiny white clips which seem to be sacrificial. New ones are available from vw or heritage parts at less cost.

Retaining Clip For Cab door Lower Edge seal
SKU: 7H0-837-485

You pop them into the rubber and press them into the holes in the door skin making sure you cut of the old ones first. Six needed.

For a long time I’ve conditioned rubber seals on cars with AutoGlym Rubber & Vinyl Care. It helps to stop seals sticking when frosty. Once applied, let it dry a bit, then go over with a dry cloth. You’ll be able to feel the difference right away.

by the way - don’t use it on pedals or steering wheel - make them super slippy ! The instructions says don’t use on rubber car mats either, but I do.

Last edited:
Hi
During the recent cold weather the front of the van got very iced up, on opening the front door a piece of rubber trim fell off. I found it on the floor when returning from my trip. I guess it had frozen to the wheel arch and got pulled off when i opened the door. Its held on by six tiny white clips which seem to be sacrificial. New ones are available from vw or heritage parts at less cost.

Retaining Clip For Cab door Lower Edge seal
SKU: 7H0-837-485

You pop them into the rubber and press them into the holes in the door skin making sure you cut of the old ones first. Six needed.

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 17.32.34.png

I just love the terracotta-tiled pitch roof pop-top on your van, also the brick rear barbecue chimney - real class and imagination . . . don't follow the herd, eh ?!

Back