Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Double charging icon

T

TripleBee

Vehicle
N/A
Nothing I really worry about, because it doesn't seem to harm.
I used to have the original control panel, the one that always has the backlight on. Just less bright, when at ease.
It just bothered me when I slept downstairs, so I used to hang something between the roof blind and the glasses holder, to cover the direct light.
When "suddenly" the turning knob decided to desintegrate (or at least the connection to the metal pin), I sold my display (with a new knob) and bought a second hand control panel. The latest (index C) at that moment.
Now, the backlight goes out completely, when at ease, which is much better at night, but less when driving, so you have to activate the display to read something on it (all pro's have cons etc.).
The only thing that I remarked was, that when driving, or charging on the mains, both batteries (top middle and bottom right) turn into "G" or "plug icon". The original panel only turned the bottom right battery into the "G" or "plug icon".

Anyone else with this "problem"? I don't really bother, as all seem to work well, but I was just a bit surprised. Maybe I bought a dodgy unit?

IMG_20191021_181729.jpg

Well, I would think that's the way it should be. As it is exactly the same in my T5 SE 140. Mine is MY 2011.

Well, I would think that's the way it should be. As it is exactly the same in my T5 SE 140. Mine is MY 2011.
Ah, ok. I thought it only showed 1 symbol on my previous control panel. Don't know if for sure anymore, as I don't have a picture of it.

@westfalia You had the blue light display. Did it show one or 2 icons?
As I have a semi T5.1 (had an RCD310 with the blue backlight instead of the black/white display, and the fisheye rear parking sensors, etc.), then it might been also a semi T5 control panel.

The original one only showed in the bottom corner.
I think.

I’m quite sure mine shows the plug when plugged in to charge and the (G) when not on charge...

Thats correct. The plug when hooked up to electricity and the G when driving and batteries are being charged by driving.

Yes, but the question was: single icon or double?

Thanks for the reply, but that was not my question.

If I remember correctly, on my first panel, I had a battery showing on top, while the battery on the bottom right changed into "G" while driving, and the plug symbol while on hookup.
On my new panel, it shows 2 G's or 2 plug symbols, instead of the battery on top and the rest on the bottom right.

So my question was, is this normal on the new panel?

Back