Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DPF Anxiety

Yes we all have DPFs. Our T5s don’t have a specific DPF light but the orange light that looks like an engine would likely come on if you had a problem.
Let’s face it, your van has survived nearly 15 years without a problem. I’m very much of the ‘don’t worry about it’ school. When you pass 300,000 miles you should worry.
Our 2.5 5 cylinder engines (mines a 2008) are the best California engines. Cog driven and no adblue, they last forever. The vans will outlive us both.
Not strictly true.
The 2.5 BNZ or BPC engines 2006/07 onwards have DPF , the AXD /AXE engines previous to that do not.

This is all new to me. I've had a 2.5 TDI Cali since 2008, and I've never had a DPF warning. Did it exist then?
In the winter, mine's only used for short runs a couple of times a week, plus one weekly 150-miler to my father-in-law's house. Until lockdown, it was used for camping about three times a year. Serviced regularly, and nothing's ever been raised.

This is all new to me. I've had a 2.5 TDI Cali since 2008, and I've never had a DPF warning. Did it exist then?
In the winter, mine's only used for short runs a couple of times a week, plus one weekly 150-miler to my father-in-law's house. Until lockdown, it was used for camping about three times a year. Serviced regularly, and nothing's ever been raised.
There’s a very good chance you have a DPF, but what you’re doing is spot on - it’s looking after itself with that longer weekly trip. Just carry on enjoying.

Yes we all have DPFs. Our T5s don’t have a specific DPF light but the orange light that looks like an engine would likely come on if you had a problem.
Let’s face it, your van has survived nearly 15 years without a problem. I’m very much of the ‘don’t worry about it’ school. When you pass 300,000 miles you should worry.
Our 2.5 5 cylinder engines (mines a 2008) are the best California engines. Cog driven and no adblue, they last forever. The vans will outlive us both.
Thanks for that! I haven't worried about it really, just nice to know.
Don't know about yours but mine when it's clean (not often as it gets used!) still looks fairly new apart from the inevitable hedge scratches!

Se la rigenerazione del DPF ti terrà sveglio la notte, qualunque cosa tu faccia, non comprare una barca... ancore che si trascinano, l'affidabilità del motore può essere una questione di vita o di morte, a causa del guasto degli accessori dello scafo puoi affondarti in 5 minuti , e una miriade di altre cose come perdere le persone per caso.

Come molti hanno già detto, guidalo, divertiti e segui le istruzioni nel manuale utente. :pollice
hahaha..... i have a boat.... hahaha

Thanks for that! I haven't worried about it really, just nice to know.
Don't know about yours but mine when it's clean (not often as it gets used!) still looks fairly new apart from the inevitable hedge scratches!
I haven’t waxed ours for years but I give it a good wash about 3 times a year. People often think it’s new.
There are 3 type 25 campers on my road. They must be 35+ years old. They all run great. They rust a bit. One just had a custard yellow respray and looks amazing.
Californias are zinc galvanised and should never rust. I’m hoping to keep mine until I’m too old to drive. Our whole family love holidays in it. Just sitting in ours makes me feel like I’m on holiday.

4 years, 45k miles, our 2017 T6 204 has never had a DPf issue. Used as our daily/main vehicle.
Hope that helps.