Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DPF monitoring

So the next challenge is where on earth is the engine code? Nothing pops up in the app!

So the next challenge is where on earth is the engine code? Nothing pops up in the app!
DPF Monitor should read your engine code and display it at the bottom of the ‘dashboard’ in the APP. Mine here is DMZA:

1707762114949.png

Mine is on a big sticker on the first inside page of the VW manual, elsewhere in the index it will lead you to a page with the various codes (I’d have a look for you but my van is quite a way down my friends drive and it’s pi$$ing down right now). Once you have selected the code on the settings in the app you should be good to go :thumb

My ‘before’ and ‘after’ regen…..
IMG_1027.pngIMG_1034.jpeg

The app has been useful to have an idea ‘when’ it is about to regen (above 120% in my case) although strangely enough the regen stopped at 10.5 mins and 79% as I was sat on the drive with the engine running. Nest day when I started up the regen continued automatically so good to know. I probably don’t really need it but hey ho, it’s another techy gadget and I do like to be informed :)

Thinking about this is would be good to see other people’s before and after piccies perhaps?

Thanks for the replies. Eventually the app did yield the engine code DNAA (23 plate 150). No sticker in the manual anywhere to confirm this nor in the footwell that I could see. DPF software did work although want to spend more than 30 seconds next time exploring what it can do - suggested 62% which is “normal” apparently. Interesting it says last regen was over 80 miles ago, but the last 20 the van did were on an empty motorway - maybe it just felt it didn’t need to do anything?

The car play worked but I just got a screen of number readouts, not a visual graphic, but again probably a setting somewhere.

Thanks for the replies. Eventually the app did yield the engine code DNAA (23 plate 150). No sticker in the manual anywhere to confirm this nor in the footwell that I could see. DPF software did work although want to spend more than 30 seconds next time exploring what it can do - suggested 62% which is “normal” apparently. Interesting it says last regen was over 80 miles ago, but the last 20 the van did were on an empty motorway - maybe it just felt it didn’t need to do anything?

The car play worked but I just got a screen of number readouts, not a visual graphic, but again probably a setting somewhere.
CarPlay is just a screen of numbers, unless I have missed something.

I found this helpful, if you did not find it already:

Does anyone know what the little "infinity" symbol does on the app at the top right?

So then… the last two regens since having the app have been at 190 and 250 mile intervals…….. the DPF gets to about 121% before the process starts (why not 100% ?) and the before and after soot values are around 30% and 8%

I am finding the app useful (because I like to know stuff) but in practice it only really shows what is going on anyway.

So then… the last two regens since having the app have been at 190 and 250 mile intervals…….. the DPF gets to about 121% before the process starts (why not 100% ?) and the before and after soot values are around 30% and 8%

I am finding the app useful (because I like to know stuff) but in practice it only really shows what is going on anyway.
I was thinking the same as your final sentence. The problem with these type of Apps is you can ‘overthink’ things and sometimes worry about data when there’s no need (possibly?).

With the journeys that I make the TSI will suit me fine, and I won't have to worry about Adblue faults or a replacement DPF . Use it or lose it is a good rule of thumb for diesels and less so for petrol plus the saving on ULEZ both in the UK and continent will help.
I have a 2007 2.5 TDI SE. Do you know whether this engine has a DPF fitted, or not? New to Cali mechanics.

I have a 2007 2.5 TDI SE. Do you know whether this engine has a DPF fitted, or not? New to Cali mechanics.
For a definitive answer you need to check the engine type. The first 3
letters.

IMG_2281.jpeg

In that case yes (I think). From what I remember oil change really important along with the grade of oil. I loved that 2.5 though cracking engine. As @WelshGas confirms above!
I have just changed the oil as I read somewhere else that the oil must be kept in top condition on this engine. Used “Quantum” with a genuine VW filter. It certainly does have the feel of a great engine and it makes the Cali a joy to drive, even if she is a bit thirsty around town. Like the auto gearbox as well.

I bought the Haynes manual for the T5 but there’s not much in it about the 2.5 DPF. Describes where to find and how to get it off but no photos or anything about condition, diagnosis, etc. Unless it’s somewhere else and I have overlooked it. Getting to that age I’m afraid.

Back