Fuses under passenger seat

jts46

jts46

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
What a nightmare i have just had.
Kitchen/living area lights packed up onSaturday evening on CL in Norfolk due to flexi lamp breaking and shorting
.IMG_4830.jpg
position of fuses vertical the blown fuse cannot be seen in this photo.

IMG_4831.jpg
position of fuses after removing fuse holder to gain access to blown fuse red 10 amp (no markings).

IMG_4828.jpg
Can anyone tell me what the different coloured plugs are for.

Total time to change one 10a. fuse 2 hours. Ridiculous

Did you loose any skin in the process?
skinned my knuckles on the Touareg as the fuse carriers are behind laser cut support brackets...

The coloured plugs are noted on the transporter wiring diagram in the technical downloads section.

Just looking at it, so far I can work out;
Blue one goes to the aux heater control unit
Brown brings power in from main wiring harness
Dark brown goes to 12v socket by sink and some of the lights

The rest aren't individually identified so need to look at the wire colours and find them on the diagram.

Interestingly I saw that the fresh water tank have 4 level switches and the grey water 2 levels

Last edited:
It'll be quicker next time

What a nightmare i have just had.
Kitchen/living area lights packed up onSaturday evening on CL in Norfolk due to flexi lamp breaking and shorting
position of fuses vertical the blown fuse cannot be seen in this photo.

position of fuses after removing fuse holder to gain access to blown fuse red 10 amp (no markings).

Can anyone tell me what the different coloured plugs are for.
Hi how does the fuse holder unclip from the vertical position? Being try to get fuse out in vertical position impossible. Any tips. Thanks

I use long nose pliers and just pull them out...

But mine has a fuse puller stowed in the dash fuse box.

Thanks will give it a go at weekend very frustrating. Will go shopping for pliers first . Is a fuse puller like pliers or a different tool ? will take a look to see if there is one in mine .

Getting the fuse back in is the real test.

Why have they made them so difficult to access plenty of room under seat to make it easier.

Thanks will give it a go at weekend very frustrating. Will go shopping for pliers first . Is a fuse puller like pliers or a different tool ? will take a look to see if there is one in mine .
The fuse puller is a small plastic thingy like miniature tongs.
I might have a photo... “bear with”
Edit: the white object top right next to the green relay.
2AFA4615-30B5-45D5-A6A4-DCF511EC9691.jpeg

Swivel the seat a quarter and push it fully backwarts gives better acses to the fuses.

Look out for this special tool:D
IMG_7310.JPG

If using a fine pliers don't use a lot of force , you might squash the fuse.

Last edited:
Is there a connection to the engine battery under there? Only reason I ask is my NASA BM-1 bluetooth has a wire for the engine too which just needs one positive cable connected. I don't want to route cables through the cab to get to the engine bay. Assuming there is a convenient point for connecting somewhere?

Is there a connection to the engine battery under there? Only reason I ask is my NASA BM-1 bluetooth has a wire for the engine too which just needs one positive cable connected. I don't want to route cables through the cab to get to the engine bay. Assuming there is a convenient point for connecting somewhere?
Yes, the supply side of the split charge relay.

there is a small screw that can be loosened.
The fuses can then be easily viewed.

Does anyone know where the power from the cool box controller (Danfoss DB35) comes? Or where is this fuse. I currently only get 3V instead of the 12V