Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drawers for Cali Cupboards

Daveb999

Daveb999

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Anyone bought the drawers that go under the sink from the club shop? What are your thoughts, a worthwhile purchase?

I had a quick search and found a link to this video from the club YT Channel that you might find useful..................

We bought the drawers for our Ocean and think they are a great addition. We store all the crockery, Cutlery, glasses, utensils, tea towels etc and they are all very accessible. With non slip matt in the bottom of each drawer there are no rattles. In the other cupboard we have the Ikea stacking storage containers and my partner is always moaning about how much more difficult it is to keep pulling these storage containers out to access items. We are very pleased with ours.

Anyone bought the drawers that go under the sink from the club shop? What are your thoughts, a worthwhile purchase?
Yes we have them. Useful for organising things rather than rummaging in the back of the cupboard.

We bought the drawers for our Ocean and think they are a great addition. We store all the crockery, Cutlery, glasses, utensils, tea towels etc and they are all very accessible. With non slip matt in the bottom of each drawer there are no rattles. In the other cupboard we have the Ikea stacking storage containers and my partner is always moaning about how much more difficult it is to keep pulling these storage containers out to access items. We are very pleased with ours.
Nice one, just the sort of info I was looking for.

Have now ordered some - thanks

Considering these drawer, are the depth of the drawers same as the Cali original, if so is there wasted space behind, like the idea of the three drawers for easier access, but worried May loose rather than gain storage space when compared against current storage box set up.

We also have boxes that we pull in and out and the concern is something will get damaged is it possible to move the space between the drawers to accommodate things like coffee/sugar container what get taken in and out often - they do seem expensive but the also seen the ideal solution to the problem.

Also do these drawers work like the original ie soft close and sort of lock in
IMG_6129.JPG

The three additional draws for our T6 were identical to the original single drawer supplied by Volkswagen. You can adjust the space between the drawers and our drawers are spaced to allow more height for mugs/glasses than the plates. The drawers are soft close the same as the original drawer.

That’s sounds just what is am looking for - don’t suppose you have a picture you could share - the tallest item I would like to put in is 14 cms

As per the pictures on my T6, my second drawer is set at 12cm. There is 2.5cm gap between the bottom drawer and the one above and 2cm gap between the 3rd drawer down and the second drawer, so there is some scope for adjustment.

IMG_3278.JPG

IMG_3279.JPG

IMG_3280.JPG

Thanks for the information and taking the time to measure- this looks like the solution I am look for

Just a little more info, you can also adjust the hieght between the drawers so you can have big gaps or little gaps or even take a whole drawer out and have huge gaps for say a kettle. We try to have everything we need for tea and coffee kept down there ready for the morning. And can still open them with the bed out.

Yes you can adjust the height between the drawers or take a draw out if you wish. You cannot pull out the drawers with the bed out as the bed blocks them.
Watch the 'VW California Drawer Kit' video on YouTube and you can see how it all fits together and adjusts.

Yes you can adjust the height between the drawers or take a draw out if you wish. You cannot pull out the drawers with the bed out as the bed blocks them.
Watch the 'VW California Drawer Kit' video on YouTube and you can see how it all fits together and adjusts.
I can

Back