Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive Away Awning ‘Longevity’

B

BeeBee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Advice needed….
We’ve had our DAA , Vango Palm (air beam) for five years and just this weekend noticed considerable ‘water ingress’ in the morning, looking like coming from general condensation as no rain, warm days cold nights in Nth Scotland.
Is this the end of its lifespan or can we re proof in some way.

IMG_5937.jpeg

IMG_5944.jpeg

Presumably if there has been no rain then water has not penetrated the fabric.
Condensation seems the logical root cause.
I had always routinely sprayed my awnings annually to prolong their lives but that never prevented condensation particularly if we had cooked indoors.

Presumably if there has been no rain then water has not penetrated the fabric.
Condensation seems the logical root cause.
I had always routinely sprayed my awnings annually to prolong their lives but that never prevented condensation particularly if we had cooked indoors.
No cooking indoors and the condensation was on the outside of the Awning but dripping through accross the top mostly.

Unless the particular point of ingress has been touched from the inside, prompting the ‘leak’, then it could be symptomatic of a general degradation of the fabric.
It’s difficult to say how long a modern awning should last as there are so many variables but five years of average use (maybe six weeks use per year) would possibly be a reasonable expectation. That’s only my personal experience of course.

Warm days and cold nights mean much more condensation especially if the ground was wet when you pitched.

Back