Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driver side dashboard vents blowing cold air

A

Ardbeg

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi folks

I recently took my Cali (2016 Ocean 204 DSG) to the local independent garage we use to ask them to look at an issue with the driver side dashboard vents blowing cold air - the vents either side of the steering wheel; the passenger side is working fine.

The garage identified the problem as being to do with the white plastic rod that attaches to the air heater flap motor actuator (I think that's what it's called) having broken off.

The actuator shown below has Delphi 52411483 R07 120° marked on it along with some other numbers. In the photos below, the first one shows the part of the rod that is still attached to the actuator (highlighted in red), the bit highlighted in green is where the rod is broken off. The second photo shows how the rod slots onto the actuator.

Does anyone know if this rod can be ordered on its own and if so what the part no.is (and what it's called)? Our local garage is having difficulty in finding information on it from who they get their parts from, and the local VW dealer hasn't been of much help - they thought it was an after market part!

Thanks in advance for any help.

actuator_1.jpg

actuator_2.jpg

actuator_3.jpg

Hi folks

I recently took my Cali (2016 Ocean 204 DSG) to the local independent garage we use to ask them to look at an issue with the driver side dashboard vents blowing cold air - the vents either side of the steering wheel; the passenger side is working fine.

The garage identified the problem as being to do with the white plastic rod that attaches to the air heater flap motor actuator (I think that's what it's called) having broken off.

The actuator shown below has Delphi 52411483 R07 120° marked on it along with some other numbers. In the photos below, the first one shows the part of the rod that is still attached to the actuator (highlighted in red), the bit highlighted in green is where the rod is broken off. The second photo shows how the rod slots onto the actuator.

Does anyone know if this rod can be ordered on its own and if so what the part no.is (and what it's called)? Our local garage is having difficulty in finding information on it from who they get their parts from, and the local VW dealer hasn't been of much help - they thought it was an after market part!

Thanks in advance for any help.

View attachment 80734

View attachment 80735

View attachment 80736
Part 24?
143C24F5-5D7F-444C-80BB-44F69973F361.jpeg
Website here.

Or here. Select Campmobile and year of vehicle

Thanks for the quick reply to my post @WelshGas. I've had a look at the website and actually think it's part 23 I need (coupling rod lever for temperature regulating flap) as it was cold air coming through the vents when the temperature control dial was turned all the way up; part 24 is the coupling rod lever for air distribution.

At the risk of stating the obvious I assume I can just go to my local VW Commercial dealer with that part no. (part 23 equates to 7H0819317) rather than order from a Russian website?

Very useful website, how did you manage to come across it?

Many thanks

Thanks for the quick reply to my post @WelshGas. I've had a look at the website and actually think it's part 23 I need (coupling rod lever for temperature regulating flap) as it was cold air coming through the vents when the temperature control dial was turned all the way up; part 24 is the coupling rod lever for air distribution.

At the risk of stating the obvious I assume I can just go to my local VW Commercial dealer with that part no. (part 23 equates to 7H0819317) rather than order from a Russian website?

Very useful website, how did you manage to come across it?

Many thanks
Definitely. I just use that site for diagrams and part numbers.
You should be able to get it from VW, or try Google or eBay.
I chose Part 24 because the Black part looked similar to Part 22.

Available here also.

London company.
LLLGroup LTD
E-mail:
support@lllparts.co.uk
Registration code: 10694039
VAT: 287724165

148 High Street South, East Ham,
London, E6 3RW, United Kingdom

Hi all
I've just found that I have this problem. Assuming it is the same issue, how big a job is it? How costly? Thanks

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Hi all
I've just found that I have this problem. Assuming it is the same issue, how big a job is it? How costly? Thanks

Bit behind checking my emails so just noticed this.

Our van went in to get other work done at the same time as getting the heater fixed, but breaking the cost down it was about £1500. It was done by a VW dealer and most of the cost was labour as it involved removing the dashboard.

Cheers

Hi all

Just seen your post. Are you sure that you have a broken part? If not it might be worth trying a vent reset first. See attached.

75054E25-DC60-4F0E-89E4-3DFBCFCF4039.png

Back