Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drivers door opened while driving

• Thread starter From tent to van
  • Start date
From tent to van

From tent to van

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi. I know there have been a couple of posts on this a while back due to cold weather.

I’ve just had the drivers door open, on this very hot day (25c), while driving at 30mph in a built up area luckily. I only knew about this when the door open chime came on and I heard the wind noise. Can’t explain it.

Anyone had this issue recently? Since the cold weather issue was fixed a couple of years ago?

You need to report that to a dealer as a potential safety issue And MOT failure !

That happened to us on our way to the dealers to have the leaky bellows diagnosed.

Once closed the driver's door could not be opened from the outside!!!

Dealer installed a new mechanism.

When you double lock the van with the fob, watch the Red alarm light On the drivers door.
if the system detects a problem with any of the locks after locking (whilst carrying out a self check) , the red light will illuminate & hold steady (solid illuminated) red light for a few seconds, (upto thirty seconds have been reported by others) immediately after locking, before reverting to what looks like a normal flashing pattern.
the self check only last a few seconds so you have to watch for it, to see if it illuminates solid after which the red light flashes normally.
the solid light indicates an issue with one or more of the locks

edit; rapid flashing immediately after locking may also indicate an issue

I noticed this on My Van, dealer checked and replaced the sliding door locking mech (£900+ ) fortunately :eek: Fortunately under warranty.

Last edited:
Back