Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mirror glass replacement spade wiring

D

Dubbed up

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi all, I recently replaced the glass on both my drivers and passenger side wing mirrors, I connected the 2 spade wires to both but now when I adjust them the drivers side is fine but passenger side is opposite way round ie when I push the button left the mirror tilts up/push right it goes down etc. I've tried changing the spades round the opposite way but it still the same?

i think the spades will only be for the heated part of the glass not the adjustment

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Did you use OEM parts? I think the mirror wiring uses PWM to make the adjustments.

Did you use OEM parts? I think the mirror wiring uses PWM to make the adjustments.
I actually replaced the whole wing mirrors as I was upgrading my 2004 van to 5.1. I bought them off ebay and they are genuine OEM parts but unsure about the actual glass (is there a way of checking?). If the spades are only for the heated part of the glass then what would cause the motor to operate like this, I haven't changed any of the wiring in any way just pulled the old ones out and plugged the new(er) ones in?

Cheers for the input guys

I actually replaced the whole wing mirrors as I was upgrading my 2004 van to 5.1.
Ahh now you tell us... I wonder if the coding is different on the door module to cater for the motor being the other way up? Just like it is with the door lock mech.

Ahh now you tell us... I wonder if the coding is different on the door module to cater for the motor being the other way up? Just like it is with the door lock mech.
Is there any way of fixing it, it's not a major issue obviously but one that niggles! I've got to take the door card back off anyway to replace the window switch that was intermittent so could have a dig around then

Press the button the other way?

Is it the three wires that are originally on the T5.1 you have that are grey, purple and purple/grey? - been there...!

Is it the three wires that are originally on the T5.1 you have that are grey, purple and purple/grey? - been there...!
I'm unsure now (should've taken a photo!) But I do remember seeing some colours that I hadn't on the older mirrors?

Back