Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driveway Security Camera

Imo, CCTV cameras simply let you see your stuff being nicked or vandalised and, if your lucky, they’ll message you to let you know!

FYI Some dashcams eg thinkware f800 can be connected to the cloud if your WiFi is in range and will alert you.

Could you not add a network switch? Easy way to expand any network. The ip cameras are far cheaper than Nest etc, albeit need a bit of work to configure them.
Oh yeah I don’t know about these, but a quick look suggests you just plug into the main WiFi hub and away you go?

Oh yeah I don’t know about these, but a quick look suggests you just plug into the main WiFi hub and away you go?

Nest - plug into router for initial setup, after that its wireless over Wifi.

Ring - connects via wifi for setup.

Expect other brands are just as easy.

Be aware. Data Protection.

...and Dash Cams? Is it the same for them? I know most of them work on a loop and record over any recording after a given time but what about the incidents you capture and "keep". Police/insurance companies can use this information to help secure a conviction/apportion blame etc.

...and Dash Cams? Is it the same for them? I know most of them work on a loop and record over any recording after a given time but what about the incidents you capture and "keep". Police/insurance companies can use this information to help secure a conviction/apportion blame etc.
I have absolutely no idea. I am already registered for Data Protection so have never looked into the regulations .

Apparently no problem in the UK.

In essence yes, plug and play. You may want to get the slightly dearer gb switches rather than those marked 100mps, it just means you don't restrict the network speeds. Only a few pounds difference.