Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dropped DRL bulb holder in engine bay

B

Bromley47

iVan Sets Off
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Thought it would be easy to change a DRL bulb (The blue ones which give out white light) Just take the old bulb out and replace - simple surely!
Well not quite - as we all know getting to any of the bulbs on a Cali is a nightmare, but I managed the removal part and now just replace the bulb in the bulb holder (the two part holder) and put back in. Not quite - its a struggle and during this struggle I managed to drop the holder (not the part with the bulb) into the engine bay - somewhere! After searching by torch light for hours I thought - I know take off the bottom tray and see if it drops out. Anyone done this and is it easy to remove and replace? Not really electrical query but it started out that way. Comments welcome

Yes, after trying to replace the DRL bulb in a T6 I dropped the bulb holder (not the one holding the bulb) into the engine bay and despite vigorous searching by torch light was unable to locate it. Has anyone dropped the bottom tray off. I was hoping it would just drop out if I did but not sure how easy it would be. Any advice welcome.

Dropping the tray should be fairy easy .... have look at this

Back