Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DRV-410 Dash Cam

Stuarty

Stuarty

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had recently bought the new DRV-410 dashcam VW are offering, and what your thoughts were on it?

Thanks,
Stuart.

I really doubt that the OP is still interested after all this time but I'm having one of these fitted tomorrow.
I chose it because it's neither cheap (like my current one that has just given up after 2 years - not bad for £5) nor ultra expensive and it looks small, neat and tidy tucked up in behind the rear iew mirror. I've seen some footage on tube and its quality looks pretty good but there is a distinct lack of reviews in comparison to many.
Certainly not feature packed and those that exist I will probably disable except the capture functions (i.e. not interested in lane changing beeps etc).
Fed up anyway with dangly leads into 12v sockets so its going to be hard wired.
Will give a small appraisal of it at some point.

Up to now I have had two of these in the last 10 months both just stopped working this will now be my third one. :headbang

Up to now I have had two of these in the last 10 months both just stopped working this will now be my third one. :headbang
Oh Great ..now you tell me :rolleyes:

Well 1st impressions against my 'Happy shopper' cam. Better of course, neat and tidy inside the cabin.
OK this is not quite comparing apples with apples given that the top one in each pic was in a fairly low summer morning sun in clear blue skies. The 2nd one today and yes you guessed it, a horribly windy wet winters day. Not sure if the Kenwood resolution has been set up to it's best yet. It might be but I haven't checked.
The dealer labour on this is 1/2 hour so I rolled up a little early at 10.10 instead of 10.30 and didn't get called through until 12.30 .... not so good!!
Happy Shopper Top and Kenwood below
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 14.39.32.png

Happy Shopper Top and Kenwood below
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 14.47.14.png

Last edited: