Thinkware Dash Cams

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi All,

Thinking about having installed a Thinkware U1000 4K UHD Front Camera, has anyone had one fitted or any of the other Thinkware cams, also even if not that brand your views of befits or negatives of a dash cam.

Thanks in advance.

WE have dash cams in the front and in the back windows. I suppose its just an extra surety that if someone runs into the back of you you've got proof. Ive heard that in Portugal its illegal to use them.. Cant understand why.. Ours are Nextbase 212 cams which when ive had a look at the recording seem to give a very good resolution. Next time though I would buy a GPS model that records the speed...

WE have dash cams in the front and in the back windows. I suppose its just an extra surety that if someone runs into the back of you you've got proof. Ive heard that in Portugal its illegal to use them.. Cant understand why.. Ours are Nextbase 212 cams which when ive had a look at the recording seem to give a very good resolution. Next time though I would buy a GPS model that records the speed...
Rather than go into the places that can, can't or have restricted use of Dashcams I thought this link would be helpfull. No EU standard applies it seems.

We have the Thinkware F770 and it has been excellent. You can remove it if you needed to. I posted a how to on its installation if you have a search.

We have the Thinkware F800pro. Very impressive photographs under daylight and in the dark. You can view the footage on an app on your smartphone and it accepts large memory cards which some of them don't. Ours records front and rear and if viewing the footage on a PC it links to Google Maps so you can locate particular bits of your route quite easily. It has a built in speaker and advises of speed cameras, etc, it can also record cabin conversations, but all this can be turned off if desired.

Have a Nextbase 312 GW Deluxe on board,reduced my insurance premium too!
very please with it and an eye opener to what it records!

Thanks all for your feedback, does a rear camera interfere with the tailgate window blind when closed?

Thanks all for your feedback, does a rear camera interfere with the tailgate window blind when closed?
No it doesnt interfere with the blind you have a recess of about 3 inches behind the blind to the window. The Dashcam is about 2 inches deep maybe a bit less, with the wiring tucked under the rubber and connected to the socket in the back. You cant see ours as the rear window is pretty dark but you still get a brilliant view of whats behind you. Its set to pick up movement as well.

No it doesnt interfere with the blind you have a recess of about 3 inches behind the blind to the window. The Dashcam is about 2 inches deep maybe a bit less, with the wiring tucked under the rubber and connected to the socket in the back. You cant see ours as the rear window is pretty dark but you still get a brilliant view of whats behind you. Its set to pick up movement as well.
Ok sounds like more investment!!! and many thanks for the advice

Depends where you mount it but think about where you fix it -- ours is fixed to the rear of the van, not the tailgate

Here’s a bit more reading.

Very happy with mine a BlackVue.

Couple of days ago I was nearly in deed of it when an idiot reversed off a forecourt into my path on a narrow lane. Emergency stop for me and fortunately the guy behind me also managed to stop.

Mike