Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DSG gearbox and 'Sport Mode'

Since having the TVS DSG Driveability software upgrade, I no longer need sport mode, the gearbox is now more agile and always in the correct gear for the occasion with less lag and good reverse.
I still want to get this done to my van.
As yet haven't managed to find anyone within reasonable distance willing to do it so may have to go to Bognor at some point.
Has your fuel consumption altered Loz?

After having the TVS update I found that I now have a speed Limiter function in that when in Cruise mode with 70mph set, on a long downhill section where I would have expected it to 'runaway' to 80+ it went to about 73/4 and held that. I then noticed that it was now in 5th gear using the engine to carry out braking.
I only have standard cruise not ACC.

I tried Sports mode at the weekend for the first time, I usually override manually from (whatever) the leisurely gearbox option in settings (is). I found it perfect for the fast lane, travelling uphill, south after the Dartford crossing. Don’t think I’ll bother trying to choose the correct gear myself again. Having to press the selector button in order to change into Sports took me a second to understand initially.

204 4motion 2017 YB DSG

Why do we still have a huge gear lever with DSG to shift to drive/sport/park etc?
Why not a little button?

Just for the "feeling" ... next version will be voice activated via Alexa or OK Google.

OK Google "shift to Sports Mode" - #soboring
Kids and Back seat drivers will love that!

Just for the "feeling" ... next version will be voice activated via Alexa or OK Google.

OK Google "shift to Sports Mode" - #soboring
Alexa:
did you say spot the dog ?
NO
Alexa :
did you say phone Mark?
NO
Alexa:
Did you say turn the heating up ?
:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :eek:

Back