Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Hovercraft mode - what is actually happening?

Thank you all, that's really helpful.

I was considering getting the Carista, if needed I could force a regen if going on a long run. I will mainly use the cali on distance runs anyway, just thinking if I have to use it to go to work.

I read somewhere the dpf regen turns the soot to ash (much smaller particles), it's then trapped in the dpf until cleaned or replaced.

Carista :thumb
soot. Is not trapped, it’s on the streets !

Thank you all, that's really helpful.

I was considering getting the Carista, if needed I could force a regen if going on a long run. I will mainly use the cali on distance runs anyway, just thinking if I have to use it to go to work.

I read somewhere the dpf regen turns the soot to ash (much smaller particles), it's then trapped in the dpf until cleaned or replaced.
Carista gives soot level and advises if a regen is needed. Full info on how to do a regen is also given as to revs to maintain and about 25mins drive required.

I tried doing a Carista forced regen when this was added to Carista options.
Result was that it isn't of any benefit to next regen point being reached, ie normal cycle resumes immediately

Carista gives soot level and advises if a regen is needed. Full info on how to do a regen is also given as to revs to maintain and about 25mins drive required.

I tried doing a Carista forced regen when this was added to Carista options.
Result was that it isn't of any benefit to next regen point being reached, ie normal cycle resumes immediately

Does this mean that a regen cycle is initiated by a set programme rather than soot levels? So if your exhaust is about to regenerate (because you’ve driven eg 1000 miles or whatever) and you force it to regen with Carista, it will still automatically instigate another regen when you clock 1000 miles?

Does this mean that a regen cycle is initiated by a set programme rather than soot levels? So if your exhaust is about to regenerate (because you’ve driven eg 1000 miles or whatever) and you force it to regen with Carista, it will still automatically instigate another regen when you clock 1000 miles?
No. Merely if you force a regen start cycle when not required the next automatic regen will still occur when the required parameters are met.
Nothing to be gained by forcing a regen unless you do regular short trips and want to undertake a full regen process to ensure that it gets completed.

Dual carriageway, Motorway and high engine revs plus about 20>25 mins driving time needed. Soot level goes down to 7% when it stops, not 0% as I expected.

With Carista plugged in the process can be monitored as you drive

Back