• Thread starter The Mighty Pauls
  • Start date
The Mighty Pauls

The Mighty Pauls

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello wonderful people.
I have a 2013 DSG 4MOTION SE.

From time to time (but more often than not recently), when I start the van after being dormant for a few days, there is a complete loss of power and/or judder when trying to pull away.

In neutral there are plenty of revs, so not anything to do with engine power - I can only assume it’s something to do with the DSG being engaged.

Once I eventually pull away, all is forgotten and the van drives perfectly.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions as to what may be going wrong and whether there is a fix?

Much appreciated.

AP - Bristol

Handbrake sticking on?

When was the oil last changed in the DSG?
Thanks Loz. Not sure - as I’m away currently, I don’t have the service bits to hand.
It has just had a major service, but not sure DSG oil change was due.

Do you think I should get it done? Will it make a difference? As I mentioned, I’m camping in Devon, so will I be ok to wait until I get back to Bristol next week?

very much appreciated.

Thanks Loz. Not sure - as I’m away currently, I don’t have the service bits to hand.
It has just had a major service, but not sure DSG oil change was due.

Do you think I should get it done? Will it make a difference? As I mentioned, I’m camping in Devon, so will I be ok to wait until I get back to Bristol next week?

very much appreciated.
Normally DSG oil change 2 yrly or every 40,000 miles, whichever comes first. That's the regime I use. Same for Haldex if you have a 4Motion.

Normally DSG oil change 2 yrly or every 40,000 miles, whichever comes first. That's the regime I use. Same for Haldex if you have a 4Motion.
Thanks loads.

just checked service book. DSG and Haldex done in 2018. Approx 20k miles ago. The note in the service book says Haldex not needed until 2023 which would make it a 5 year cycle.
I’m guessing I’ll book in for when I get back to Bristol.
Do you think the judder/loss of power is likely the DSG oil needing changing? Is this a common symptom?

Many thanks again!

FACE83FE-9003-4C66-9460-E61A0CC9EF26.jpeg

VW told me 40k with no time limit mentioned the other week. So don’t know if that’s changed or I was told the wrong thing by VW. Quite possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VW told me 40k with no time limit mentioned the other week. So don’t know if that’s changed or I was told the wrong thing by VW. Quite possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I change both every 2 years but I do a lot of miles compared to the average California owner.

Back