Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DSG re-map

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Anyone had this done in tandem with an engine map?

Planning to swap your T4 for a 5-er....?

Off-topic : your recent new avatar pic , i keep thinking where it's from....the sherrif from the Dukes of Hazzard?

Planning to swap your T4 for a 5-er....?

Off-topic : your recent new avatar pic , i keep thinking where it's from....the sherrif from the Dukes of Hazzard?
Yup https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheriff_Rosco_P._Coltrane

edit: not sure now... no this is Rosco
383283-sheriff_rosco_p._coltrane.png

Last edited:
Come on guys, sort your comedy sheriffs out!

Try again.

"summmmbitch"

So i got my two Q's wrong:(
Sorry Buford , or should i say sorry Rosco....

Last edited:
Surely that's the sheriff from Smokey and the Bandit :cool:

Not much info on re-mapping so far , we do know the sherrif's name :D
You mean tuning the engine by changing the settings and DGS using diffrent revs. to change gear ?
Think some have mentiont they got it done but can't remember who it was , guess not all do say so becose it might conflict with the warrenty?

Just curious. Changing the engine map requires re-optimisation of the gear box, shift points etc

P.

DSG remap I was quoted around £400. Gearbox has to come out to get to electrics.
Engine remap does not need DSG remap.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Anyone had this done in tandem with an engine map?

Yes, did this last year, motor and DSG both tuned. DSG does have much better up & down shift moments now. Motor (original CFCA180) got 40 extra horses and 100 Nm torque. Fuelconsumption still the same, no effect on oilconsumption. But driving is far more relaxed and smooth now. I'm an easy driver, but the car is surprisingly fast when needed ;).

Yes, did this last year, motor and DSG both tuned. DSG does have much better up & down shift moments now. Motor (original CFCA180) got 40 extra horses and 100 Nm torque. Fuelconsumption still the same, no effect on oilconsumption. But driving is far more relaxed and smooth now. I'm an easy driver, but the car is surprisingly fast when needed ;).

Hi I hope you don't mind me asking but who did you have to do yours and the other big question how much

The optimising was done + CCN in Amersfoort/Netherlands, in collaboration with an expert tuningcompany. Costs are 999 euro's (motor + dsg). They told me the software is special written for a Cali because this car is heavier than a normal T5. Way of work: The original software is retrieved from the Cali, send by e-mail to the tuningcompany, adapt there, send to the dealer again and put back in the Cali!

Give
Superchips in Buckingham a call

Give
Superchips in Buckingham a call
Superchips only do engine remaps. Will not touch gearbox as it has to come out to get to electronics. At least that is what they told me when unlocking my ecu.
Their bluefin system works well. Can easily go back to standard in minutes.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

HI, can I ask what was the cost and did you have to have the gearbox out to effect the re-map?

HI, can I ask what was the cost and did you have to have the gearbox out to effect the re-map?

As mentioned above, 999 euro's motor + DSG. Don' t understand exactly your question but the gearbox is not build out, only adapting software (shiftmoments). The behaviour of the D and S postion are almost the same now.

As mentioned above, 999 euro's motor + DSG. Don' t understand exactly your question but the gearbox is not build out, only adapting software (shiftmoments). The behaviour of the D and S postion are almost the same now.
OK, sorry missed the earlier item including costs. I ask about gearbox removal to change the software because of post from other member saying "DSG remap I was quoted around £400. Gearbox has to come out to get to electrics." It was from Andys post on this thread hence my question.