Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 TVS DSG Drivability Map

Do you now use the sport mode?
Never used before and not since.
In normal gear D selection when behind a truck doing 50mph speed will be nearly 80mph at the pulling back in point after overtake on an A road. Quick slow down to 60mph needed.

Quantum also DSG and Engine remaps.

Came across this one-

Hi Shawn,
I had the drivability update done just last Monday. Paul was the techie that carried out the work. I asked about the 6.1 dsg at the time. Apparently the gearbox s/w is better than that of the T6 but is still lacking. A software upgrade to the 6.1 will still improve further and make a more pleasurable drive.
I would definitely get in touch if I was you, if only for a chat. All the staff are great and so enthusiastic about the work they do.
Since having my Cali done it is a complete transformation from stock. No more vibrations or straining in top gear on tick over, smooth move off with no delay which should take the nightmare out of using the levelling ramps. The kick down on an overtake is amazing, instead of reving the nuts off it before the gear changes up, the gear changes at correct point in the torque band,…… I could go on and on. It is an amazing upgrade.
I Can’t recommend Bognor enough. If further work required at any time, Bognor will be my first port of call.
As said previously, for the cost of labour they will reinstate your original software should you have the need to have dsg work done.

I have to thank members on this forum again for all the information and their experiences prior to me going for this upgrade.
Great to read, my 204 is going for a Revo remap and TVS at Bognor Motors on Wednesday.
I have used them for over 8 years for servicing, have bought 4 new vans from them over the years and a Revo remap on a Golf GTD.

Great to read, my 204 is going for a Revo remap and TVS at Bognor Motors on Wednesday.
I have used them for over 8 years for servicing, have bought 4 new vans from them over the years and a Revo remap on a Golf GTD.
Love to hear if Bognor have had DSG remapping success with a 6.1

That vans going to shift in more ways than one!

Please update on the changes.
Good or bad

You can reset the DSG clutch bite point / reset the learning function by:

turn ignition on (do not start the van)
press the accelerator full down & hold for 20 seconds
the gearbox may make a noise
you feel a click through the accelerator pedal.
Start the van and drive normally.
I assume that if you carry out this reset the DSG has to then “relearn” to accommodate clutch wear etc?

I assume that if you carry out this reset the DSG has to then “relearn” to accommodate clutch wear etc?
Hi Arun,

the “learning “ basically profiles the last 500 miles of driving.
the reset just clears that history back to factory settings.
I would imagine the clutch wear is monitored by the electronics over the life of the box / clutches.

CLP Automotive of Sheffield are known for TVS 'stuff'.
Had mine done there, no problems, good service, didn’t have to wait for an appointment. They’ve moved recently. New place takes a bit of finding.

As others have said, very much recommended upgrade for a T6, 199. Biggest improvement for us is in uphill reversing behaviour, followed by a general improvement in the vehicle’s get up and go, and thirdly it has improved first gear hesitation but not completely solved it on our van. I might try the reset the clutch bite solution suggested above. Sport mode: even more sporty, is the only way I can describe it, but as others have said, don’t really need it now.

Anyway, CLP: recommended.

Please update on the changes.
Good or bad
So, 9 days in and 1k miles later.

Wow I wish I had this update done a year ago when I got this my 3rd Cali.
First of all I have to say I never wanted to make the cali a track car or to win traffic light races.
What I wanted was a nicer/ smoother drive and the confidence to pull out at roundabouts without the
the glare from my wife where she has spilt her coffee .
Junctions just seem to happen now with out any drama, also parking on a slope is a lot smoother.
The Cali now drives even more car like now, overtaking is fun again!
Revo remap and TVS dsg remap.

Oh and for those that care insurance company are aware .

Back