Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Duvalay for upstairs

Roger_rioja1969

Roger_rioja1969

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi All,

On our maiden voyage in our new van, we found sleeping upstairs a little firm for our liking. The froli springs are great but we prefer something a bit more forgiving than the standard roof mattress.

I bought a duvalay comfort which arrived today and was quite surprised how heavy / bulky it was (my own fault for not looking into it). Our plan is to sleep ‘up top’, which is okay for days we don’t head out in the Cali. Obviously we need to experiment but assume the duvalay goes on top of the existing mattress? Is it a huge faff to bring it down and fold it up every time we decide to go out for the day? Grateful for any advice, suggestions or wisdom please. I’m a newbie so please be kind lol 0:) thanks

We take our Duvalay freshtec up in to the pop top and leave it with the top up on days we stay put. We take it up rolled and roll it before we bring it down.
That’s what I was thinking of doing. Do you lay it on top of your existing mattress?

We take our Duvalay freshtec up in to the pop top and leave it with the top up on days we stay put. We take it up rolled and roll it before we bring it down.
I do exactly the same with our Comfort as you Polomint, leave it straightened out with the top up.
Before lowering Bellow, Roll up Comfort while stood on passenger seat, bring down, bag it & chuck on back shelf

That’s what I was thinking of doing. Do you lay it on top of your existing mattress?
We do and find it pretty comfortable up top. When it is too windy and we have to sleep downstairs then again on top of the VW Comfort mattress it is really good. Well pleased with it ;)

We have 2 x 58cm Freshtec Duvalay mattresses, normal use is for one up and one downstairs but with the ability to use both downstairs if too wet and windy for the pop top. Also has the benefit of the 2 narrow mattresses being easier to handle/store.

Hi All,

On our maiden voyage in our new van, we found sleeping upstairs a little firm for our liking. The froli springs are great but we prefer something a bit more forgiving than the standard roof mattress.

I bought a duvalay comfort which arrived today and was quite surprised how heavy / bulky it was (my own fault for not looking into it). Our plan is to sleep ‘up top’, which is okay for days we don’t head out in the Cali. Obviously we need to experiment but assume the duvalay goes on top of the existing mattress? Is it a huge faff to bring it down and fold it up every time we decide to go out for the day? Grateful for any advice, suggestions or wisdom please. I’m a newbie so please be kind lol 0:) thanks
It’s the 2.5cm thick .. narrower one we have .. I think 56cm.. two fit in wardrobe with two pillows ok

Hi All,

Have you tried the duvalay on its own, without the top bed mattress? We use the 2.5 in topper on its own and it is the most comfortable sleep ever. Try it and see if that works for you.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk