Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Duvalay

dayslikethis

dayslikethis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Had my Cali for 12 months now and been using the VW Mattress until recently. I have to say I found it a little hard. Partly due to convenience I decided to purchase two duvalays a month or so ago and used them for the first time this week in Greece. Absolutely made the world of difference to comfort. Both my wife and I slept downstair they fitted with a squeeze but not only was our sleep superb we seemed to have more room than before (can't explain that one?). Absolutely great decision to buy them. Photos of Greece in a Cali and tips will follow on the travel thread.

Hi, dayslikethis,

Can I ask if you slept just on the Duvalays or were you using the VW Comfort Mattress underneath too? I don't have the VW Mattress and after a couple of nights sleeping just on the downstairs bed without a topper, I am considering getting a Duvalay to increase comfort and replace my sleeping bag. Also, which thickness did you go for? I suspect the 4 or 5cm may be needed but I'm unsure how much space it will take up when rolled up during the day.

Looking forward to the photos of Greece!
Maud

Hi, dayslikethis,

Can I ask if you slept just on the Duvalays or were you using the VW Comfort Mattress underneath too? I don't have the VW Mattress and after a couple of nights sleeping just on the downstairs bed without a topper, I am considering getting a Duvalay to increase comfort and replace my sleeping bag. Also, which thickness did you go for? I suspect the 4 or 5cm may be needed but I'm unsure how much space it will take up when rolled up during the day.

Maud
I can recommend the Duvalay as well. However, I found that 4cm wasn't comfy enough for me to go directly on the downstairs bed so I added another 5cm of memory foam under that. Very comfy now. :happy The Duvalay is a bit bulky, but sits on the rear shelf without obscuring the rear view.

David

Hi, dayslikethis,

Maud

Hi Maud.
We opted for the 5cm "Gold" Raskelf Duvalay. It's shaped to fit the downstairs Cali bed. We couldn't actually see it on the Duvalay site when we were looking to buy, so had to order it through "The site that can't be mentioned but starts with C and ends in Tastic" ;)
It doesn't take up that much room when rolled up. It occupies the full width of the parcel shelf, but there's still plenty of space on top of it and behind it for us to store other stuff.
Hope that helps a little.

Hi, dayslikethis,

Maud

Well this must be the slowest response ever - sorry! Only just seen this but 2 years on I've changed from Duvalay to Zonesleep. I found that the memory foam could occasionally get quite hot and tossing and turning in the night it would get twisted sometimes in the cover - (caveat) this may say more about me that the Duvalay! In answer to the question I placed it on top of the VW comfort mattress but I'm sure you could get away without needing the comfort mattress. The Duvalay takes up very little space - similar to large sleeping bag. I think we had the 4cm.